Chapter 11 - Poor Decisions

Hi everyone! Please vote and comment so I know you're enjoying the story. It's about to get crazy in here.  Who's ready?
__________________________

After about three hours in the car, we arrived at an outdated hotel in the northern New York mountains. Apparently, we were supposed to meet Nico's contact here. So naturally, we were currently staked out at the bar waiting.

"How about a round of drinks?" Asked the bartender, who was dressed in a bad 70s look.

"Sure. Whiskey, he's buying." I pointed towards Nico, who grunted. The bartender went off to make the drinks. "So, where is this mysterious contact?"

"Not here," Nico stated as he downed his drink.

"Obviously." I rolled my eyes before finishing my drink and indicating another round to the bartender.

"Let's say we meet up with this contact. What then? I haven't heard a grand plan so far?"

"Maybe you should leave the thinking to me, yes?"

"First, never say that to a woman. Second, it's my business, so I will not leave it up to you."

"Cazzo, you can drive a saint mad." Nico ran his hands through his hair in frustration, and all I could picture was me doing the same as he kissed me passionately.

"Thank you."

"Wasn't a compliment."

...

After too many drinks and a no-show from Nico's contact, we were on our way back to the hotel room. As we passed a gift shop, Nico became stiff.

"We are being followed." He muttered lowly.

"What? Where?" I turned to look, then hissed out. "Why are you yanking me around?"

"Stay calm and act as if everything is normal."

"I've been kidnapped by a deranged killer and forced to come on some crazy road trip for reasons I still do not know. Everything's perfectly normal."

"Sarcasm is not appreciated." He was distracted and kept glancing around. "We need to find a way out."

"Oh, we're a 'we' in the decision-making now?"

Nico made eye contact with me before harshly saying, "Callie, if we do not find a way out, we are as good as dead."

"No pressure." After several more minutes of walking, I saw a bright sign blinking above a store. "Quickly, in here." I grabbed Nico's arm and realized too late that it was one of those cheesy love chapels.

"What are we doing in here?" He whispered-yelled.

"Hiding. I thought that was obvious."

"Can I help you?" We spun quickly, with Nico reaching for the gun in his pants. I took a step back while stilling Nico's trigger-happy fingers before he shot some crazy middle-aged man who had popped up behind us.

"No." Nico snapped, then looked back out the door.

"Oh, I see. Someone's a little shy." I had to try really hard to hold in my laughter when Nico turned around and looked at the guy like he was a complete nutcase. "Totally understandable if you have performance anxiety." At that time, I had to cover my mouth to stop laughing.

"Trust me. That's not the problem."

"Oh, Barry, there you are." Some overly cheery older woman came around the corner. There had to be something in the water. "Are you two lovebirds looking to get hitched?"

"No." Nico snapped, and I could tell he was losing patience.

"Honey, I'm helping this couple." Said the man.

"No reason the two of us can't help." The woman said back with a painfully fake smile.

"Remind me not to drink the water here," Nico muttered, and I smiled.

"Why don't you just go do flower arrangements or something?" The man asked in a commanding way. I was starting to think they were husband and wife.

"I already did that, dear." Yeah, kill him with kindness.

"All of this is unnecessary because we're not getting married," Nico said with a clenched jaw. I saw both of their faces drop in disappointment. This gave me an idea.

"Actually, we are." Everyone's head whipped towards me, especially Nico's.

"You are?" The couple asked when Nico asked, "We are?" With horror outlining his face. Gee, that makes me feel outstanding.

"Yes...honey. I know I kept saying not yet, but if we don't get married right now, when will we? And it's so..." I gestured around the room before continuing, "Romantic."

"Perfect! I'll get all the arrangements done, like flowers and you're dress-" The woman started to say before I interrupted her.

"No dress, I'm fine the way I am."

"No dress on your wedding day?"

"Actually, we don't need any of that stuff. Just the ceremony." I realized that sounded odd, so I rushed to add an excuse. "If I think about it too long, it won't be as spontaneous. And we both love spontaneity."

"Of course. Well, be ready for you in five minutes." Said the man. I looked out the window and saw the guys that were following us.

"I don't think I can wait five minutes."

"Now. We can be ready for you two right now. Follow us." The couple started walking into the back room. I went to follow, but Nico grabbed my arm.

"What the hell are you doing?" He hissed in my ear. I involuntarily shivered and not from fear.

"Saving our asses."

"By getting married?" He growled.

"Oh please, they can't really marry us. They're just here for when people get really drunk and do stupid things like want to get married. Then when they wake up the next day and start freaking out, they, thankfully, later find out that it wasn't real. It happened to be like my second cousin or something. Trust me, it's fine. I mean, could you actually ever see us getting married?" I gave him my 'tell me otherwise' look. I blame that logic on the drinks.

"So we won't be married?"

"No, and we'll just sneak out the back door afterward. This way, it will buy us enough time for them to think we escaped, and if they come in here, they'll see a lovely couple getting married." I finished with a smile.

"Fine. Let's get this over with." He started pulling me towards the back, where the couple disappeared.

"What every girl wants to hear." I sighed dreamily.

"Shut up."

___________________________
Hi Wattpad friends!

Don't forget to add this book to your library to stay up to date, vote on each chapter, and comment any predictions but also what you are enjoying or not!

Much love,
Emily Rose (@creativemindxo)

Falling For The Mafia Bad Boy | Completedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें