Chapter 3 - The Start Of A Shitshow

"No. Freaking. Way." I stated defiantly.

"Oh, come on! You look amazing!" I glared at Tamara, who wore a face-splitting grin.

"You mean I look like a whore. I bet I look just like that girl he brought home that night." I mumbled the last part.

"You do not! You look sexy, trust me." She winked.

We were getting ready at Tamara's apartment because my closet lacked clothing for a 'nightclub.' I looked in the mirror one last time, and I had to say that the girl staring back at me looked sexy and confident, unlike how I felt. She was wearing a little black dress that fit her like a glove but barely covered her boobs or ass. Unsurprisingly, this is the most 'conservative' dress Tamara owns for clubbing. The girl in the mirror wore gorgeous red pumps matching her dress. Her makeup looked stunning with smoky eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and mascara. Her long brown hair was slightly curled to give it a natural look. Overall, she looked like a knockout. I just couldn't believe that girl was actually me. Amazing what some makeup and clothes could do to a person.

"It's okay." I finally commented.

"Okay?" T asked in disbelief, taking a threatening step forward.

"It's amazing." I held my hands up in surrender.

"Good, now let's tear up this town!" She shouted excitedly.

What's the worst that could happen? Says every horror movie ever.

...

When we arrived, it was your typical club with neon lights and music blasting so loud you could hear it from five streets over. There was a longer line than usual and a lot more people inside. I looked at Tamara to see that she was so happy she might burst. It must be the club buzz that has everyone so excited.

"You sure you really want me to do this, considering the last and only time I went clubbing?" She stifled a laugh. "If anything like that happens again or anything bad happens, I'm blaming you!" I shouted with a stern look while walking towards the club.

Walking into the massive club, the music poured into my ears. Booths outlined the wall to the right, and a little farther back in the center was the dance floor, filled with sweaty bodies grinding on each other. And to the left was the sweet-looking bar, so obviously, we made our way over there first.

"Excuse, Mr. Bartender!" Tamara shouted at a tall, skinny man with dyed black hair.

"Yes?" As he came closer, I saw his dark eyes surrounded by eyeliner.

"My friend here." Tamara gestured towards me. "Is trying to forget about someone and have a good time. Could you help us out?" She asked flirtatiously while batting her eyelashes. Overkill.

He studied me for a moment before turning back towards Tam and smirking. "Yeah, I think I can help you girls out." He looked back at me. "I have just the thing for you." He poured out six glasses of something and scooted them towards us.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Shots."

"Of what?"

"Of something that will help you forget." He answered with a knowing smirk. Weird.

"Well, here goes nothing," I muttered before choking back the three shots that burned as they slid down my throat.

"Tamara Judith Jones, I love you! Mr. Bartender, I love you! Everyone here, I love you!" I shouted.

"Okay, Miss feeling-the-love, let's get down from the bar before you hurt yourself!" Tamara said while shaking her head and looking a little worried. Whereas the bartender was dying of laughter from behind the counter.