Chapter 14 (Mature) - Strippers

*Warning MATURE scene ahead*

This book is rated mature for a reason. If tons of violence, lots of swearing, and explicit sexual scenes between two consenting adults bother you, then this is not the story for you.

______________________________________________

"I hate you right now," I whispered lowly while digging my nails into Nico's thigh.

"Want anything else, sugar?" A fake blonde asked Nico while batting her eyelashes and sticking out her overly large breasts. Yes, he brought me to a strip club. He was a romantic like that.

Nico removed my talons before answering the stripper. "No thanks."

That's when the blonde skank turned her eyes toward me. "How about you, darling? Want a lap dance?" I stared in disbelief as it registered that she was talking to me.

Nico snorted while trying and failing to hold in a chuckle. "As sexy as that would be, she's good."

"Her loss." The stripper, whose name was Bambi, purred before sauntering off.

"That did not just happen. This is your fault for making me dress like a hooker." The outfits Nico had bought consisted of short dresses that barely landed mid-thigh. This number was a gold sequin mini dress with matching heels that I could barely walk in.

"Dressing sexy doesn't make you a hooker." His heated eyes trailed down my body as if he owned it.

I blushed. "Whatever. Where are these friends of yours?"

"Nico, my dear friend." Shouted some old man in a suit. That answers that question. "Who is this beauty? Another recruit?"

"Excuse me?" Nico squeezed my leg in a warning.

"Ah, still haven't been tamed, I see." The older man exuded power, and I swallowed my unease.

"Who do you think-"

"Working progress." Nico interrupted. I had to refrain from smacking him upside the head.

The older man grunted in acknowledgment before signaling to one of the waitresses with barely any clothing. She brought over a bottle of some fancy whiskey before leaving. He poured two glasses for him and Nico. I guess I'm not worthy of a drink.

"I see. If you want, I can have one of my men help?" This motherfucker. He better not be talking about me, or he'll find my foot up his ass.

"Not needed." I glared at Nico. I've known him less than a week, and already, he has had me ready to commit murder on multiple occasions, usually involving him.

"So, what are you doing here?" He sipped before glancing at the stage where a new dancer had just started her routine.

"Ran into some trouble and needed somewhere to lay low." I could tell that Nico didn't like to be questioned by the slight clenching of his jaw. He should really worry about his teeth grinding like that.

"So you bring trouble to my town?"

Nico fully clenched his jaw in anger before glaring at the man. "I think you've forgotten who you answer to. So no, I don't owe you a fucking explanation, Val." I wasn't the one who was getting the brunt of Nico's anger, and yet I was scared. And slightly turned on. I know. I have issues.

"You're right. My apologies. Feel free to stay as long as you need and enjoy any girl on us tonight." A cowering weasel was the perfect way to describe Val right now.

"Leave us." Val practically ran away from our booth. "Never, and I mean never, talk back to one of my associates again. Do you understand?" I sat there gaping at Nico, who had a fire in his eyes, ready to battle. Well, so was I. When Nico saw my challenge, he sighed. "Maybe I've been too lenient with you." He grabbed my arm and dragged me toward the back hallway that led to an office. He shoved me in before slamming the door behind us.