Butterflys

I stare at Bennett. His grey eyes seem troubled like he wants to trust me. But why would he want too? Aren't I nothing if I'm not unseelie to him? He stands up and walks away. Out of the door out of the room. I'm standing in a room covered in golden butterfly's all over the wall.
In a hole underground.

The light at the top a shining lime green. I glance at Eli who seems the more friendly of them all but I still don't trust her. She could be like Lisa my friend and then pretend to be me with my family. Her head tilts along with her blood red hair. She and the others didn't look concerned that Bennet just walked out. Why?
"I think it's time I know the truth," she blinks then smiles.
"Your a smart one huh?" She asks a bit teasingly.
I sit up shaking from the sudden gust of wind that blows through the cave the butterfly's ruffle and I blink.
"Not when it comes to this stuff but maybe if you tell we what's going on I will be, What is this place? ,"
She smiles. "Sacred ground,"
Aven walks over and throws his arm around her. "I don't think this is the best idea dearest, don't tell the enemy our secrets,"

Eli throws his arm off of her and stomps over to me. "I like you despite your scent I think We can trust you,"
I blink. Feeling just a little calm by her declaration. At first I felt as if I would shatter from not knowing but I feel a little calm now. Like 10%. "Uhh thanks I guess,"
Aven growls from behind her in anger. His eyes cutting to me. I hope she can control him. He looks like he's gonna eat me.
Eli's dark eyes cut behind her. "Behave," she sneers. When she looks back at me there was a bit of coldness.
"Bennet spoke to you of the war?"
I nod waiting. She'll explain.
"So do you know how it started?"
I hadn't even known it begin a week ago. Sometimes none of this feels real it feels as if I will wake up in that hole again. Like I'll see fire again. See the flames lick the fallen. and see the sky light up in smoke.
Where did that come from?
It seems easy to get lost in this world. I miss Flora. I miss my family. I miss comfortability. None of that matters with the unseelie.
"No the only thing I know is that there are groups, the unseelie and the seelie," I tell her.
Eli smiles. "That's quiet a lot," she teases.

I can't help but find that humorous.
Marybeth walks out of the room. Her posture one of a vengeful model. She doesn't make a sound as she closes the door behind her.
Eli sighs softly. Her eyes cut back to me. "Many have been lost in this war. We enjoy it but we don't enjoy losing our lost ones, with every fallen we are weakened"
Confused. "Lost ones? What does even that mean?"
Eli shakes her head. "What matters is that you understand our way of thinking because somehow you are us,"
"This war started because there is a lack of glamour but someone caused Avalon to die out by throwing steal into the seal." Aven responds hauntingly his voice angered as he walks by Eli. His jaw ticked. "We will spare your life if you tell us how the seelie did it,"
Eli leans her head on his shoulder. Sighing.
"Be subtle love,"
I glare at Aven. "I'm sick of you I did nothing wrong, I don't care if you don't trust me, write it in a letter and shove it down your throat, what I care about is getting the hell out of here and away from all of you... What are fae? What is glamour! You aren't telling me anything I need to know, there is a war so?! How does that make it my fault? your the crime setters here I did nothing wrong!" I felt my body shake. "What is he hiding from me?"
Eli stares at me her eyes clouded. "He knows what you are, he knows where you are,"
I sigh trying to pull myself together trying to not crash into the ground. But it's hard when everything you know is turned upside down. It's easier to lay on the ground and listen to silence. To hear it calm your heart and to stay down so that nothing can hurt you again. So that you don't feel that burn or sting.
"Tell me,"

The thing about wanting answers is that you can't unhear them. What's said is said.
Eli parts her lips. "You are stuck in the Inbetween, you are a lost fae... I am so sorry,"
I still. "What?"
Eli threads her hand with Avens as his arm snakes around her shoulder. He glares at me as she stares at me with cold eyes and yet her voice trembles. "You are the slaughtered fae, a rare prize a lost cause,"
"What?" I ask scared.
Eli looks up at the ceiling. "You are dead, I'm sorry,"