Search

I wake up in a room. The room is spacious and full of plants roses from blue to yellow. Lilly's a neon purple and trees full of huge yellow leaves. The floor is black and water splashes around as I sit up on a bed I cant see. I push on the invisible surface and my hands feel silk. Sitting up I stare into the eyes of a solem predator. His grey eyes observe me as I move away from him in fear. He chuckles a little as he arches a brow. "I don't think I've ever met a creature quite like you,"
I glare at him. "I'm human, where am I?"
"She speaks, here I thought her brains couldn't be any smaller," a sharp biting voice says. I look to the right of the room to see a man with dark brown hair in shags his eyes were a course and dark light blue and his skin was a smooth olive. Along the sides of his hair were designs that seemed like a language on his head. The ink dark. And beautiful. He wore a sleeveless black hoodie and light jeans. He had tattoo designs along his neck to his arm.
His eyes were slit almost lazy. "What you should ask is how will I live?"
Bennet gives him a glower at my wide eyed look.
I had assumed they wouldn't kill me, I didn't think they would go that far.
I guess in a way he's right. I'm not thinking clearly but none of this is real. It can't be.
I'm on a invisible bed!
"Where am I? I need to get back home didn't you promise Flora?"
I wanted to see if guilt works on him.
When his eyes swing my way I see something in them until he shakes his head. "I'm the Prince of the unseelie court darkness, every promise I break," he breaths.
He didn't seem happy about it. Good at least.
"Your not gonna let me go are you?"
He laughs throwing his head back completely in cackles.
I look down to see I'm in the same skirt and tank as yesterday.
"This isn't funny none of this shit is okay!" I snap ready to cave his head in.
They both pause and look at me In wide eyes.
"Cats got claws," the guy says near the door.
I crawl off the bed and walk over to him and I look him in the eye. He smirks a little. "Obviously your by the door for a reason, so stay silent for this reason," I wave my fist at him. "I'm in the same clothes as yesterday, you people look weird and I don't know what the hell is going on that's three things I will take and one of them is not your shit close it," I go off hysterically.
"Down girl," Bennett snaps his fingers. "Aven was never one for manners, he doesn't like what he doesn't understand, I apologize for his behavior,"
My mouth drops and I throw my hand out in his direction. "And what about your own behavior?"
I move far away walking backwards away from them.
None of this makes since and he keeps throwing out things that make it even more confusing.
I point to the bed. "And why can't I see that bed!"
Bennet holds In a smile but I see it in his eyes. "It's glamoured,"
I wait for him to explain. when he doesn't, I sigh giving up. "And what is glamour?"
Aven is shaking his head. "This is a seelie trick I know it prince Bennett no one can be this ignorant,"
I point at him in a glare and Bennett glares back at me. "Not another word Aven, step outside so I can speak with her alone,"
He fades in the air like a mirage.
I sit on the floor and lean my back on the wall.
Bennet leans forward and inspects me like an object.
"Every fae born is marked seelie or unseelie, unseelie is my court my father is Luther King of the unseelie, my mother is Maryellen the queen of no good,"
He smirks. He stands up. "The two courts are at war, and you see I can't tell which fae you are, can you see how that puts me in a horrible spot?"
I laugh this time. "Really has your life been threatened?"
He ignores me. "There are only two glamours dark and light, yours doesn't even appear but I sense glamour inside you, it has no smell no life just like residue from a storage,"
He kneels in front of me again meeting my eyes with his grey ones. They were storms. And they were surprisingly cold. "So why is yours dark darkness? It's darker then light,"
He smirks again it made his handsome face appear inviting. "But I thought you were a good girl,"
I recall what Aven said seconds ago. No one can be this ignorant. Gosh I hope. I hope I wake up and none of this is real. "I'm not faking this,"
He narrows his eyes. "You better hope if you are that I don't find out, I would hate to harm you," the last sentence comes out in a grunt. He holds out his hand.
I eye it. "Unseelie is very close to the word unseemly,"
He leans forward. "As I've just told you we are dark creatures... creatures of nightmares, the seelie are close to dreams my kind kill without blinking. please remember this,"
I take his hand and he helps me up. "Now tell me more about what you have seen,"
He meant after I fainted when I drank the whine. Funny I didn't picture that as my first experience drinking.
But then in the legends they always told you not to drink or eat anything. Wow. Though I don't give it justice.
It was the only way he would let Flora go.
His hands curl around mine. "You, I won't hurt do you believe me?"
I nod. "I do but I don't trust you, if you wanted me dead I would have died. You don't seem like you sugarcoat anything,"
He snorts. "Your vocabulary is that of a human,"
I shrug.
Sighing I nod. Here I go.
I tell him about the fighting and fire but I leave out the being hidden underground part. Every time I try to tell him this it won't leave my lips. His eyes darken. "You have been charmed,"
I frown. "Charmed?"
He glowers at the wall over. My shoulder. "It means I cannot access your memories. I can't tap into your glamour and use it against you,"
I narrow my eyes. "Why would you?"
His eyes study me. "Didn't you say you didn't trust me?"
Why does he sound angry saying this?
"I trust no one but family, fae or human,"
He laughs. "The closest get the mostest beautiful remember this when your heart is broken,"
I get angry now. "You stay away from Flora, I'll come after you if you lay a finger on her,"
He smirks humored. "I wouldn't dream,"
I push my hair back from my face. "So how did I end up in here?"
He gets amused again. "You fell asleep while talking to us... You said something about seeing Lisa as two different people then you passed out,"
I raise a brow.
"This is Lisa's room,"
"Where is she now?"
He smiles. His eyes never match his smile. "Your house. she's glamoured pretending to be you,"
I freeze. He leans forward and grabs my chin. "I need to know you aren't summer fae, if you aren't your family won't be harmed,"
I slap his arm away. "You are a monster,"
His face goes expressionless and he waves over his shoulder as he walks away. "Yes but it seems you aren't afraid of the dark, you seem like us too," he closes the door after himself. He didn't say it. But their searching my room. For something. I just don't know it yet.

Hey I just love Aven he's a little meany. The photo above is of Lisa. Her real name among the Fae is Lia. She's a guarded character that you'll lean about as the story goes on. She doesn't have the black highlights or blue freckles but this is her. Hehe I guess in human form.