Stanger Danger

After working with mom I decide to take a walk. Our home is surrounded by a forest. I always feel comfort in the outdoors. Every birthday I wanted to take a family hiking trip. Mom and dad were never really into it. They always got me to just ask for a small family party. I walk along the small trail around our house. We have neighbors. There pretty much the quiet type. They say hi every now and then. The forest is tamed. I remember when i first watched Bambi I expected him to be walking outside here. Then when I came here at night I saw a deer and I started watching it. It just stared at me with wide black eyes like who are you? I could practically feel that message from it. It's eyes were smart and it was watching me. I remember smiling at it. "We're friends right?" I asked it.
The deer walked over. It's legs didn't shake. "Your a strong one huh?"
Are you?
I had seen the deer three times at the same time. I even brought it food. It stopped coming though.
I named her Olivia. I don't know why.
Staring at the green trees I pick a few pink flowers off of it and stare at them in my hand.
Nature is really the only thing that calms me. It may seem as if I'm calm all the time but no one can be. It's impossible.
The sun is shining and hiding behind huge cumulus clouds. Giant and puffy and white filling the sky showing peeks of blue. Theses moments to myself are what I like. Many times people forget that happiness comes from something small. Like a snowball rolling down a hill. It comes from something small then the result is big. A smile. A laugh. From someone you love can make you smile and laugh back. Happiness is comfort.
I let them fall from my hand when I hear a small chuckle. "Your not suppose to pick flowers... I don't believe they did anything to you,"
I turned and saw a guy with a beautiful smile. It's was friendly and warm.
His eyes were a light chestnut and his hair was in a ponytail to his back. His tan dark and his hair a dark brown. He stood taller then me and wore a blue turtle neck and jeans.
I sit up straighter surprised. He's crazy. It's really hot out.
"Hi, I was just..."
Oh bury me in the flowers....
He chuckles again. "Killing innocent plant life? Your hands were gentle as you took there life,"
I think I've discovered that I'm starting to hate being laughed at.
I glare at him. "This isn't a joke,"
He nods honestly. " true, killing flowers has to have a reason," he smiles. With a flick of his wrist the pink flower similar to the tree appears. Except it's bigger. He tucks it in the lock of my curls.
My lungs don't even work.
"What is your name?"
Something about his voice sounds powerful and wonderful. Like just walking into a room his presence is seen. Not even that, that it's praised. The air quakes around him. And his eyes blink into a vibrant green so rich and dark like grass that I take a step back.
"Naomi," I say in a half whisper. My right hand holding my arm.
His eyes laugh. "How pleasant,"
I smile. "Yes it means pleasant,"
Why does he know that?
He looks my age. Does he go to my school?
"Did you move around here?" I ask trying to rank my brain to see if I've seen moving cars.
I haven't.
He raises a brow. "Did you also know that your name means beautiful, agreeable,"
I don't quite think those terms fit me. "I should get going now," I say to him.
He shrugs. "If you love nature then don't abuse it,"
I pause and glance over at him.
"I only picked a few flowers... "
He laughs. "But you did nothing with them,"
I point to. My head. The flower sticking out of my ear.
"I gave you that,"
I throw it back at him. "Now your killing plant life,"
I walk away as his laughs continue and I just want to slap him with a tree.
Shocked I turn around and glare at him. "Your name?!" I shout.
But he was gone.
Confusion crosses my face as the flower appears in my hair.