Memory

My walk was completely ruined. I walked into the house blowing out air threw my nose. Who was that guy? I open the fridge and my sister runs down the stairs. "I got a fine fine dress! My boyfriend us the best, came shopping without stress! Then he paid for it, hey!" Flora squeals spinning around in the kitchen. I snicker shaking my head in full amusement. Flora actually has a pretty nice voice. But it's a twirling that makes me laugh.
I roll my eyes. "Flora I you were only going with Dana and Amber,"
Flora bobs her head up and down. "I was until mike said he was coming too and then I was like really? And he said yeah,"
Oh not another of these story's.
"That's great I'm just gonna head up stairs and do homework, there were a lot of customers today at the store and I'm starting to get a headache. I'm not lying. It's a slow creeping one.
Flora nods. "Okay, cute flower by the way Noai," she winks "who gave it to you,"
I cross my arms. A weirdo. I took the flower out of my hair and threw it in a crash can.
Floras eyes widened. "I only said it was pretty,"
I push my curls from my face and sigh. "I know I'm sorry Flora,"
She smiles. "take some Advil for that headache and tell me the story of the trash flower later,"
I turn back to the fridge and I take out an apple. I had dinner already after helping mom at the bakery.
Taking a bite I freeze. As I stare at the flower in the trash. It's pink petals limp. Yellow stems out.
A memory flashes.
I kick my feet up as it dangles over the edge. I stare at tons of pink flowers floating in the water so far below. The water moved them around the river fast and the color a aquatic purple. Rocks the color or a randow scattered along the river all different sizes and some a rustic red.
Specks of gold littered the water. Reflecting its rays from the sun traveling to the seelie court. I don't fear heights and the scene is breath taking. As it grows darker I can still make out the beauty in the water. A hand falls on my shoulder. "I hope you see the beauty in us," a voice says sadly. "We did this for your protection, for your own good,"
I frown my lips still on the apple.