Ignorance

I lay on the bed after he leaves. I hope Flora is okay. I don't understand why this is happening now. It maybe a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'd think they were crazy if I weren't experiencing flashes of images that seem to be real. I wonder who the little girl was? Was it me. I walk over to a lily sticking out of the huge leaves and yellow stem. As soon as I touch the lily my hand become numb and I flinch away. I stare down at the water pooling at my feet. This is real. I walk back over to the bed and sit down making little splashes with my feet. It's odd how I can't feel the water.
After a hour, a knock Rams on the door. I look over just as the fae named Aven walks in. His face in a scowl and his eyes slitted. "Ugh not you, talk mess and you'll be a mess on the floor that I wouldn't even clean up," I warn.
He laughs. "I see why he likes you now," I sit up curled in a ball. Hands tight over my knees. Avens light blue eyes are surprisingly friendly. Suspicion fills me. "Don't try to kill me," I glance at the food in his hand. He held pasta that smelled so good.
But I really don't feel like being poisoned. He shakes his head. "Wouldn't go there Bennett would kill me, he's taken quite a liking to you,"
I eye the food. "Pasta for breakfast?"
He cracks a smile. "It's lunch," he shakes the bowl tauntingly.
"You've been asleep for two days,"
I sit up straight awed and terrified. "Two days!" I squeak.
He nods. "It's the usual sleeping period of a summer fae," his eyes narrow at that. "Bennet thinks you were attacked by a unseelie faes glamour and it somehow altered your own,"
I blink. "Can that happen?" It sounds so simple.
He hands me the bowl of pasta and I take it along with the fork.
"yes," he sits along side me. "Does it happen? No rarely, with fights of our kind if an unseelie decides to kill we kill, no hesitation is involved. But with a summer fae it depends they always feel some ting of remorse but inevitablely kill, only one would walk away. It seems you harbor no feeling of that, even claimed you had seen death, it's not possible for that to have happened but Bennet believes otherwise,"
I fork some pasta and the tomatoes, well I think there tomatoes there blue. "I'm scared to eat this," I tell him honestly.
He nods. "I would feel that way too if I were you,"
I drop the fork. "I'm not eating this,"
He sighs. "It's fae food, we eat once a day, dragons like Sophia eat that along with fruit."
"Sophia?"
He nods ruffling his hair with his hand. "Another imporant fae you haven't met yet.. She's a oddball but we kept her away for that reason,"
I pick up my fork and smell the pasta. Some of the sauce gets on my nose and I wipe it off with a napkin. Staring at the pasta. Why is it blue? "I'll eat it all if your scared,"
I glare at him and I take a bite. My taste buds explode. The tomatoes? Chunky and soft with small bits of crunch. The pasta melts in my mouth with bursts of flavor. Spicy and cold. I blink staring at Aven who laughs. "It's the best pasta in all the land. I tell you,"
I roll my eyes. Eating another fork full.
"You don't eat pretty,"
I stare at him wide eyed. "I don't like you, I've been sleep for two days I'm starving,"
He snorts. "I don't like you judge much you don't even know me,"
I glance at him. "Why are you being nice,"
He smirks "because I notice you are ignorant,"
"Well then enlighten me, ignorant means you do not know, it's not the insult your trying to make it be,"
He stands up. "I've gotten tired of you,"
Finally.
"I'm not entertainment,"
"Right you are the enemy for now, learn your place so that we may take you there," He scowls heading for the door.
"Eli will be here to take you on the tour of the castle."
Castle?!
He closes the door behind him. I hop up and twist the knob it disappears in my hand.
"Nice try," he snickers from the other side of the door.
I lay my back on the door and groan.