Invite

When Zane dropped us off Flora rushed to talk about the party to mike. Walking inside the school I see Lisa watching then with narrowed eyes. I frown. "Hey Lisa," I say uneasily.
She smiles at me. "Is that his inamorata?" She asks with wide eyes.
I nod. Imminently reconigizing the word. Even if it's odd she used it. "Yeah there a couple,"
She shakes her head. "And there both going to the festive party?"
I nod. I know I'm missing something but I don't know what she's talking about.
"Is it a no couples aloud party?"
She looks over at me and I see those cold blue eyes again. I take a step back and she blinks. Frowning.
Again they turn back black. We're standing alongside the wall as people walk pass.
"Do you like mike?" I ask.
She eyes me. "You know nothing do you?" She crosses her arms. Her eyes searching.
I freeze.
She smiles sweetly. Her eyes warm. "You should come to the party with me,"
Did a switch just flip or was it just me?
I shake my head. "I wasn't invited,"
She leans forward laughing. "Is that bitterness I sense...?"
I roll my eyes. "I'm not gonna answer that, I don't care that I didn't get invited I've never been to a party,"
She shakes her blonde dark striped hair. "That's why you should care,"
I snort tiredly and half annoyed. "You sound like Flora,"
I don't mind party's. Half of the time I just spend my days thinking and supporting people. Going to my family's events. I haven't missed not one of Zanes football games. Or marshals awards. I've missed only two of floras awards. Most interfered with my tutoring.... I tutor math. Every Tuesday. Not for high schoolers but middle schoolers.
A party is the last thing on my mind.
Lisa flips her hair back. "Good she's right you know, which is why I'm inviting you too the party,"
A pity invite. I'd rather just watch Netflix.
I shake my head. "You can't invite me, Flora already told m-"
Lisa cut me off with her hand raised eyes irritated. "I know the people at the party your fine and your coming,"
She winks. "Your invited. Besides now your mother won't have doubts about Flora attending the party,"
My head snaps her way. "Who told you that?"
I never told her about my mother saying Flora couldn't possiblely go to the party. Hell I didn't even know Lisa was invited. Let alone knew the people there. How does she know them if she lived over seas?
Lisa winks. "Secret, just meet me at five so we can pick out your outfit today, your not going in that,"
I hear a note of disgust in her voice.
With that she walks away.

***********

After school I texted my mother to see if it was okay to to miss helping out today.
I really needed help at the bakery honey but stay and have fun, just give me a heads up next time.
Zane and Flora and Marshall pack into the car. Instead of going home. I hop in the car. I call Lisa. She had put her phone number in my phone today at lunch.
I have to help my mother today.
Lisa: .....
Lisa: can Flora come?
I blink. Glancing at Flora I see Zane watching me in the rear view mirror. "Ah oh someone didn't have a good day at school,"
I grimace. "It isn't that, I got invited to a party,"
"The party!" Flora explodes.
Marshall gives me a patronizing scowl that says. Not you too.
I side down my seat a little as Zane drives out of the parking lot.
He's chuckling. "You at a party is like a nerd in football gear,"
"Shut up Zane,"
Flora slaps Zane on the side of the face. "Shut up this is serious shit,"
"Driving is serious shit!" He hisses at her. His eyes on the road.
"Then keep you eyes and your nut brain on the road!"
Marshall plugs in his headphones as I laugh. "I'm walking home next time."
"Good," Zane huffs. "Walk for two hours I hop you pass out in the heat,"
He switches lanes. Brows narrow in anger.
He started all this.
Big baby.
"How did you get invited?"
I tell her. Her eyes widen. "Wow Lisa's got cred, cool now we can go together!"
I nod. "She wanted to go shopping girl the party, I can't go but maybe you can?"
Flora sits back and frowns. "Can't, I'm going with Dana and Sarah today."
Can't she just invite Lisa?
"I like Lisa, but she's your friend Noai," she shrugs. "Having the same friends wouldn't be a good thing,"
I nod. "Your going to help mom?" Flora asks. I nod again.
She snorts rolling her eyes. "Typical your like a robot Noai,"