"Hi." she said, her small voice wavering. Jack could see her grip tighten on Diana's hand.

"Hi, sweet girl." Mark said softly, crouching down to her level. A small smile caught Piper's features, the first thing Jack noticing was her small dimples.

Jack swore his heart just grew ten sizes. 

"I'm Mark," Mark said, gently smiling at her, "and this is my husband, Sean. But you can call him Jack." Mark held out his large hand at Piper's torso level, and she took her free hand and gently grasped Mark's. Mark shook her hand she gently as possible, and Piper giggled and they pulled away. 

"Hi, Mr. Jack." Piper said, looking at Jack. He noticed how blue her eyes were, and he swore his heart swelled even more. Jack crouched down as well, smiling at his new daughter.

"What's your name, beautiful?" Jack asked. Piper giggled and combed a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Piper." she said. "Ms. Diana told me I'm Irish. Just like you!" Mark broke out into a small smile, Jack following along.

"Really?" Jack asked, a smile still present on his face. Piper nodded and grinned. "Wow! That's really cool!"

"Well, I'm not all Irish like you." Piper said, hr face becoming tinted pink. "Ms. Diana said I'm a quar... quart..."

"A quarter?" Jack asked, his cheeks hurting from smiling.

"That's the word!" Piper said, giving a little jump.

"Would you like to come inside, Piper?" Mark asked. Piper eagerly nodded, earning a laugh from Diana. Mark laughed and put his hands under Piper's arms, scooping her into his arms as he stood up and she squealed and giggled. Mark settled her just above his hip, her small legs wrapping around his waist as far as they could. Mark wrapped one arm around Piper's waist and she wrapped her's around Mark's neck, still giggling from the sudden action. Jack found it the cutest thing ever, and he quickly took out his phone and held it up to the two.

"Smile!" Jack chirped, watching as Mark and Piper turned their attention to him. Mark gave Jack a small smile, Piper grinning and flashing her teeth. Jack noticed she was missing her front one, and his heart grew for the third time. He pressed the button on his phone and captured the moment, turning off his phone and putting it in his pocket. Mark still held Piper as Diana walked to the trunk of the corvette, popping it open and pulling out a small, pink backpack. She handed it to Jack and smiled warmly, Jack returning the gesture. 

"Come on, you two!" Jack said, Mark coming over to him and kissing his cheek. Jack blushed as Mark pulled away, Piper only giggling as Mark rushed inside with her. 

"Would you like to come inside too?" Jack asked. Diana shook her head.

"I need to just say goodbye to Piper." she explained. "I don't want her freaking out if I suddenly leave." Jack nodded and the two headed inside, greeted by Piper's giggles.

<><><><><>

After a goodbye to Diana and showing Piper her room, the three were in the kitchen. It was night now, and Mark was at the counter making coffee, Jack was sitting at the bar looking at comments on videos, and Piper was sitting next to Jack. She was glancing at the iPad from time to time, not understanding what exactly he was doing. 

"Do you like it here so far, Piper?" Mark asked, breaking the silence. 

"Yep!" Piper said. "I really like my room." 

"We hoped you would." Jack said sweetly, looking at Piper as he spoke. Piper smiled and yawned, her blue eyes closing as she did so. 

"Are you tired, baby girl?" Mark asked. He had been calling Piper nicknames all day, and Jack thought it was the cutest thing. 

"No..." Piper said, yawning again. Her eyes fluttered shut and she let them stay closed, Jack smiling softly at the sight. 

"Let's get you to bed, P." Jack said, setting his iPad down and picking up Piper as Mark did before. Piper buried her face in Jack's neck, here eyes still remaining closed. Jack carried her to room and tucked her in, Piper already being in her pajamas with her teeth brushed. Jack ran a hand through her hair and kissed her forehead, taking one more moment to admire her. 

"Sweet dreams, princess." Jack said, slipping out of Piper's room and closing the door behind him. Jack walked back into the kitchen to see Mark at the bar, two mugs of coffee siting in front of him. 

"She's a cutie." Mark said as Jack sat down, taking the mug into his hands. Mark leaned across the small counter and kissed Jack forehead, Jack smiling in response. 

"She sure is." Jack said, taking a sip of the warm drink. 

"She looks like our actual kid." Mark said, chuckling at the end. Jack laughed and looked at his husband.

"What?" Jack asked, unable to hold in his giggles.

"Like a fanfiction!" Mark said. "Like, where if you got pregnant and Piper was our kid!" 

"Oh my lord, Mark." Jack said, still giggling.

"Really though," Mark started, Jack ceasing his laughter, "she looks a lot like you."

"She doesn't really." Jack said, a blush creeping on his cheeks. 

"Oh please." Mark said. "Those bright blue eyes, that brown curly hair, her little smile..." Mark smiled as he trailed off, looking up at Jack. "She looks so much like you."

Jack pictured his little girl in his mind again, smiling as he realized Mark was right.

"She's a cutie though." Mark said. "I know where she gets it from."

Jack blushed as Mark kissed his forehead again, nuzzling his nose right after.

"Yeah." Jack said, pecking Mark's lips. "I am pretty cute."