Cutie

Here's a little short and sweet with Piper and fangirling Jack

-Pey

-----

Jack had become a nervous ball of anxiety for the past week, and as he sat on the steps of his front porch with his husband, Mark, all of his worries faded away. Jack subtly reached over and grasped Mark's hand tightly, lacing their fingers together. Mark gave his husband a small smile and squeezed his hand, Jack leaning his head on Mark's shoulder. 

The day had finally come that the couple had been waiting for over the past six months. The paperwork had finally been finished and approved by the DHS, the two men being told they could finally adopt a child. They were waiting for her to arrive and be dropped off by the DHS, nervousness still getting the best of Jack. 

They didn't know that much about her, really. They knew she was a four year old girl, and as of today, her name is Piper Marie Fischbach. The two didn't want to know much about her, as they wanted to hear from her themselves. The couple wanted to know her likes and dislikes, how her voice sounded, if she had dimples when she smiled. Just anything about her. Mark and Jack had been told she knew her parents were two men, but the two feared since she was so young she wouldn't understand. And as she got older, she would, and she would be told things about gays and...

But that was a bridge to be crossed when the time came. Right now, Mark and Jack just relaxed in each others presence, waiting for that shiny car to pull up. 

"You alright, love?" Mark asked, squeezing Jack's hand again.

"Yeah." Jack said, leaning up and kissing Mark's cheek, letting his lips linger. "I'm just nervous is all." 

"Me too." Mark admitted, a faint blush creeping on his cheeks. "Do you think she'll like us?"

Jack chuckled, leaning his head back on Mark's shoulder. "Who wouldn't like us?" Jack asked jokingly. "I mean, we're nearly 30 year old men who play video games for a living."

"Hey!" Mark exclaimed, laughing along with his lover. "I may be 29 but you don't have to rub it in!" 

"Oh," Jack said, lifting his head up and pecking Mark's lips, "you know I love you, ya big doof."

Mark leaned in and passionately kissed his husbands lips, pulling away after a moment. "I love you too."

The two sat in silence for a bit longer, Mark occasionally kissing Jack's cheek. About half an hour, a shiny, black corvette pulled up on the driveway, Jack immediately snapping his head up. The car skidded to a stop, the lights flashing off as the silhouette in the front took the keys out of the ignition. A woman in a white blazer and pencil skirt stepped out of the car, her black hair slicked back into a ponytail. She walked up to the driveway towards Mark and Jack, both of them standing to greet her.

"Hi!" she chirped, sending the men a gentle smile. "I'm Diana Mal with DHS." she reached out a hand and Mark took it, shaking it gently. The two released and she did the same with Jack, him smiling softly. 

"Mark Fischbach." Mark said. "This is my husband, Sean." 

"It's nice to meet you both." she said. "I'm sure you would like to meet Piper, wouldn't you?"

"Yes." Jack said, not missing a beat. Mark chuckled and so did Diana, both of the men following her as she walked back over to the car. The couple stood a few feet being Diana on the grass, watching as she opened the door.

"Piper, sweetie?" she asked. "Would you like to meet your new parents?" a quiet 'yes please' followed and Diana stepped back, her hand grabbing a much smaller one as a little girl stepped out of the car. Her small shoes hit the cement with a tiny click, her eyes trained on the ground as she steadied herself. When she felt herself steady she looked up at Mark, her eyes being even bluer than Jack's.