.12 - party drama, whats new?

Unedited sorry.

Going to parties every night after football games was quickly getting old. I mentally thought to myself how this was my last party for awhile. I walked into Ansley's house, following closely behind Lane, who seemed to clear a pathway for himself without even trying. The crowds of people would quickly move out of his way before he even had to ask someone to move. The party was in full swing and I could smell the slight stench of weed in the air.

Lane reached back behind him and grabbed my hair, sending shivers throughout my body at the sudden contact. I immediately felt eyes on me, as people began whispering.  I rolled my eyes as we made our way into the kitchen. We walked into the kitchen, heading towards the island that all of the beer was sitting on. Rachel and Celia just happened to be standing around the island, which meant my brothers still hadn't arrived.

"Hey Brenn! Lane.." Celia said lane's name lowly, still hurt from him dismissing her earlier. "Are your brothers here too?"

"Not that I know of. Sorry, girl." I shot her a sympathetic smile. As annoying as she was, Celia was still a nice girl. Rachel on the other hand....

Surprisingly Rachel didn't utter one word to me, which was unusual due to the fact that she didn't know how to shut up. She glared at me but obviously avoided Lane.

"What do you want?" Lane asked me, ignoring the other two girls' presence.

"I don't care." He reached down and grabbed a bottle of Guiness for himself and one for me, opening both of them with the bottle opener he kept on his keychain. He winked at me as he handed me my beer. I took a quick sip of the liquid, looking around the living room as we exited the kitchen.

"Brennan!" Matty called from the couch. She sat around in a group of people, some I recognized and some I didn't as they played a game of King's Cup.

I walked over and she scooted over to make room for us to sit down. "Did yall just start?"

"Yeah we are about to. Join."

"Peyton." A guy I didn't recognize smirked at Lane who smirked back at him. He looked at me and his smirk turned into a smile. "I'm Russell."

"Brennan." I replied with a small wave.

"I know." He gave me a toothy grin. Lane sat down next to me, leaning back on the couch and setting his arm behind me while sending Russell a glare, as if to claim his property. The glare he sent was probably one of the scariest looks I had ever seen from him.

Russell pulled something out of his pocket, along with a lighter and began to light what looked like a brown cigarette. He took a long drag from it, before handing it to Lane who smirked as he did the same. I watched as Lane blew smoke out into the air. He looked down at me, holding the blunt out to me with a raised eyebrow. I simply shook my head, and he passed it back to Russell.

The game of kings cup went on for about an hour, and before I knew it I was wasted. Luckily for me I was a typical drunk white girl. Matty and I giggled in a corner, hugging eachother in a miniature love fest as I said goodbye to her since she had decided to leave.

"I'll love you forever." She slurred.

"Don't let go, rose."

"I'll never let go jack."

"Don't lie to me." I pushed her away from me, still giggling. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder and looked up to find Lane pulling me into him. "Oh hi cutie."

"Cutie?"

"Yassss." Matty answered for me, wiggling her eyebrows at Lane and I.

"YOU BITCH." I suddenly heard. It all happened in the blink of an eye, suddenly  a drunk Celia had made her way across the room and slapped Matty across the face. My eyes must have looked like saucers because of how wide they were.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Matty hissed, holding her face.

"You fucked Brandon!" If I whipped my head in Mattys direction so fast I probably would of had whiplash.

"Okay? And what's your problem? He's not yours." Matty responded, avoiding my gaze as I realized she didn't deny it.

"Wait, you had sex with my brother?" I asked, turning my head to the side in drunk confusion. I didn't realize I had been clinging to Lane to keep myself from falling over in my drunken stupor.

"I was going to tell you.." Matty's face showed obvious concerned as she directed her attention alway from Celia and approached me.

"Matty I love you! That's gross but I would never be mad at you!" I threw my arms around her and it seemed like our love fest started over again.

Celia cleared her throat and we both looked at her. "You knew I love Brandon and yet you still went after him!"

"Celia you called Brandon Brett yesterday, you don't love him." Matty argued. "You don't care who's who as long as you can get attention from one of them."

"That's not true!" She squealed like a pig.

"Shut up." Lane growled at her. "Neither of them like you. Stop hitting people and go find something else to cause drama over."

She shut up instantly, shooting a glare at Matty. "This isn't over."

After she walked away, I let out a sigh. "I'm leaving."

"Yeah. Sorry I didn't tell you Brenn..." Matty began.

"I would have been fine if I had never known...  At all. Ever. Just shhhh." I silenced her, placing a finger over her lips. I shot her a smile. "You're my best friend okay?"

"Okay." Matty smiled back at me.

We finally said our goodbyes and I walked off to Lane's mustang with him. I peaked up at him, admiring his gorgeous face.

"How do you do it?" I asked.

"Do what?"

"Just stop things. You speak and people shut up."

"When you don't talk excessively people seem to want to hear what you have to say." He winked, a hand on my lower back as he guided me over the lawn towards the passenger seat of the Mustang. "Do you want to get something to eat or head home?"

"Feed me!" I demanded with a giggle. "Pleaaaseee."

Lane chuckled to himself as he started his car. We pulled up at Whataburger and instead of going inside we just went into the drive through. "What do you want?"

"Oh my god. Everything. Okay wait no, I want the chop house cheddar burger." If I could be an emoji at that moment I would have been the heart eyes one. Lane ordered our food, and handed me the bag. He began driving again as I watched him from the corner of my eye so that I could sneak fries. We arrived at Lane's apartment complex and I followed him, holding the bag of food close to me as I continued to slowly eat fries.

He unlocked his door and let me in. I collapsed on his couch and pulled the burger out.

"You're an animal." He commented with a smirk as I scarfed down the burger.

"Sorry, did you want a bite?" I asked genuinely concerned because he was probably sad that I hadn't given him any. I held the burger out towards him and he shot me a genuine smile, before taking a bite. I smiled back at him, as he returned my burger. "Delicious right? Eat your food now."

"Yes ma'am."