.07 - i choose you

Has anyone else listened to Halsey? I'm def jumping on the band wagon because that girl is talented. Anyways, I was gonna do two separate chapters but they were both short so I decided to combine!

Also someone mentioned to me that there had been another story that used high school spirit week, but I'm really not trying to copy that. They did this at my high school and I'm from TEXAS, where everything is bigger and badder, so we go hard for homecoming (parades, spirit week, football, mums)

Homecoming  week finally approached. Today was Monday and nerd day, just like I had predicted. Everyone looked exactly the same, with suspenders and those fake 3D glasses that you got at the movie theaters. I wasn't the biggest fan of this day since I thought it was just making fun of the people who actually dressed that way all year. I decided to go with a pikachu tshirt, converse and skinny jeans. That was good enough. I left my hair down and in natural waves.

Brandon and Brett looked absolutely obnoxious. They both wore knee high socks, khaki shorts that went above their knees, nikes and tucked in polos. Brett in green and Brandon in blue- not that anyone would know the difference between them besides me. They both had their hair slicked back with gel and cheap Walmart glasses.

"You don't look very cool." Brett said to me with a mouth full of serious.

"Unfortunately, you don't either." I replied with a bored tone.

"I hope you actually dress up tomorrow. It's bad enough you're taking Lane Peyton to homecoming." He narrowed his eyes at me.

I held my pointer finger up to him. "Shh child. Keep your food in your mouth."

"I'm older than you."

"By 8 minutes."

"I'm older than both of you." Brandon said, sticking his tongue out. "It's so hard to be be oldest and most mature."

"I'm sorry you're both stupid." I got up, grabbing my keys and throwing up an extra special finger as walked out.

I had finally told them that Lane would be joining us for homecoming and they reacted better than I had thought. Despite this relief, I had a gut feeling that something was going to go wrong that night. I just couldn't figure out what it was.

When I finally reached school the whole day dragged on, just like the typical Monday it was. The hallways were crowded with people taking pictures with each other. At lunch I took my normal seat.

"So Brenn." Joel begun, sitting down next to me in Mattys normal seat. She was probably going to yell at him when she arrived. "I heard you're taking that fuck boy to homecoming."

"Joel you're literally the biggest fuck boy I have ever met. Stop using that word." I flicked my finger at him as if I was trying to flick him away.

"Just be careful. Don't let your guard down." As he spoke these words Matty appeared, scowling at him. She didn't have to speak because he got up immediately and walked off.

"Ugh douche." Matty flipped her hair over her shoulders. "What the fuck is she doing?"

I turned to look over to the other side of the cafeteria at Rachel, who just happened to be batting her eyelashes at a bored Lane. I felt my stomach twist. I quickly looked away as lane looked up to meet my eyes. Rachel began to make her way over to the table, smirking at me as she sat down but surprisingly not saying a word about her interesting encounter.

"Why are you acting like a snake?" Matty interrogated.

"I'm not acting like a snake. I'm interested in someone so I'm taking action. Mind your own business." Her smirk was still plastered on her face (it really didn't compliment the terribly blended makeup).

I didn't bother getting involved. If I really wanted to know I could easily ask Lane.

******

Tuesday's theme was pajama day. Thank god my school had a dress code because if that hadn't of been the case I was pretty sure that I would see way more than I wanted to of Celia. The halls were crowded with people wearing matching Victoria's Secret pajama sets, onsies and bunny slippers. Matty and I had decided to wear matching pajama sets, which ended up including Brett and Brandon. It seemed like my entire wardrobe consisted of Pokemon because here I was in my bulbsaur pajama set, while Matty wore her charmander set. Brett decided he was going to be pikachu, including his ash ketchum hat and Brandon ended up as Squirtle.

I still had yet to ask Lane about the Rachel situation. I was still trying to figure out whether or not to actually ask. I walked up to him where he stood at his locker, smirking down at his phone. The guy probably didn't even know how to actually smile. He wasn't wearing pajamas, I hadn't expected him to, and he wore a pair of black ripped at the knee, jeans and a black tshirt with a grey hoodie. He typed in some message and quickly sent it before finally looking up to acknowledge my existence, his dark hair falling over his eyes.

"Sup, Little Wolf?" A dark look in his eyes gleaming.

"My sworn enemy, Rachel Glassman, was talking to you yesterday and like I said, sworn enemy." I got straight to the point.

"Oh, she asked me out tonight. But don't worry princess, she's not the only girl I have a date with this week. She's not special." Leave it to Rachel to go after Lane because she thought I had my eye on him.

"Figures. She found out you're my homecoming date and now she wants you because she thinks I want you."

"You don't?"

"No! We are friends, if we are even that." I scrunched my face in disgust.

He chuckled. "Don't worry, little wolf. You're number one. You'll always win when it comes to me."

"What is that suppose to mean?"

"The ladies like me and I like the ladies. But I'll always choose you first." He winked. "Say I'm on a date but you decide you want to see me, just say the word and I'll ditch them."

"You're a pig."

"Are you going to blow my house down?" He laughed at that last comment, obviously very proud of himself for his joke.

"Wow, okay this conversation is over." I turned to walk away.

"I'm serious, Brennan, about what I said. I'll choose you."

******

After school I arrived at practice and sat down next to Gina. Gina was the sweetest girl in our entire school, so hanging around her was relaxing. I unfortunately could over hear all of Rachels Conversation but I'm sure that's what she wanted.

"Yeah so we're going to the movies tonight and of course you know what happens in the dark theater." Rachel flipped her hair, making sure I heard every word as she spoke with Ansley, another girl on the team.

"Can you quiet down Rachel? No one wants to hear about what you're planning on doing with your mouth." Matty walked in at that moment, doing what she does best. I laughed at her comment, more obnoxiously than I should have.

"Jealous, Brennan? We all can't be prude, virgin nuns like you." Rachel shot back at Mattys comment, but directing her towards me. I rolled my eyes. Idiot.

"Rachel, I don't shame you for choosing to open your legs to anything that gives you attention so don't shame me for deciding not to." I gave her my sweetest smile I could manage, knowing that it would piss her off.

"You won't be smiling tomorrow when the boy you like smells like me." She jumped up at that and waltzed out of the room.