.09 - Pillow Pet

I found this picture on Google to show yall what mums and garters are.

Lane Peyton is a sociopath.

That was the only explanation for it. I sat at my laptop Wednesday. I had decided to skip school due to cramps and I didn't really want to participate in Monster Day. I had pulled up Google and decided to research what it meant when someone lacked sympathy for others.

This all began the night before when we were watching the news at the ice cream parlor on one of the tiny tvs they hung from the wall. The news was broadcasting a situation where a kindergarten teacher committed suicide because she had accidentally drowned one of her students.

"It all works itself out in the end." He smirked at the television. "If you harm others, justice will harm you."

"She committed suicide out of guilt..."

"She understood she needed to be punished." He stated in his typical bored tone, running a hand through his hair. I had at least felt remorse towards the teacher but Lane obviously felt different. I would have left it at that and assumed it as a personal opinion but then we begun a conversation about the death penalty.

"The only problem with the death penalty is that it takes too long. If you're on death row you need to be killed immediately, instead of wasting time and tax payers money." Lane had what I liked to call the man version of a resting bitch face. If he had never of approached me first I would have never spoken to him out of intimidation. It was at that very moment that I realized Lane lacked empathy.

So here I was googling his personality as if I was Bella Swan googling vampires. Coming to the conclusion that Lane was a sociopath was easy. He was devoid of human emotion, which explained why he liked playing games with people's lives and didn't care about the girls he dated. He was shameless.

It was that moment when I had decided I would make it my mission to fix his heart. If he even had one. I quickly looked around my room and saw Lanes tshirt that he was suppose to wear on spirit day to show everyone what homecoming group he was apart of, and the garter he had to wear on his arm.

Me: will you come over after school today I need to give you your tshirt and garter.

Lane: are you at school?

Me: nope

Lane: I'm coming over now then ;)

I rolled my eyes. Of course he would just leave school like that. I quickly closed out of my MacBook and changed into my yoga pants, since I was currently wearing tiny Nike pros. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and didn't bother with any makeup. He would notice immediately that I put on makeup and assume that I did it to impress him.

"Mom my homecoming date is coming over to pick up his stuff." I called downstairs.

"Do you think he will be hungry?" Leave it to her to not question that he was skipping school and to just worry about feeding people. Such a mom thing.

"I don't know. I'm hungry though." I said as I walked down the stairs. I hugged her as soon as I reached her. (Hug your moms as much as possible they need it to survive)

"I'll make a platter!"

It didn't take very long for Lane to make it to my house. the door bell rang and I quickly jumped up from the couch to answer the door.

"Hey." I pulled the door open wide enough for him to walk past me.

He smirked down at me. "Hey."