.11 - im coming home

The Homecoming game was broadcasted live on the local stations and we ended up obviously winning, because let's face it: it's pathetic to lose your homecoming game. I had ended up riding to the game with Lane, who kept insisting that he drove me. After the game the cheerleading team crouched in front of the football team to take pictures for the yearbook. I ended up getting pictures with the squad, my brothers and one with just Matty and I thanks to my mom insisting.

"Hi, Lane. It's good to see you again!" My mom greeted Lane as he walked up to me in his football uniform.

"Mrs. Wolf, a pleasure to see you again." He flashed her his charming smile.

"Who are you?" My dad huffed from next to her.

"Lane Peyton, sir. Brennan's boyfriend." I froze, and quickly looked at everyone. My brothers both narrowed their eyes at Lane and then looked at me.

"Well nice to meet you, son." My dad shook his hand, not questioning the boyfriend word.

"Let me get a picture of the two of you!" Mom gushed, pulling her camera up. I posed for a quick picture with Lane. "Lane do you have a Facebook? Let me add you!"

"Mom!" I put a hand to my face, sighing at my overly excited mother. She quickly pulled her iPhone out, and opened up her Facebook page and staring at Lane expectantly. My mom insisted on being friends with all of my friends on Facebook.

"Yeah, I'd love to have you on Facebook." Lane laughed, typing his name in, and clicking the add friend button. "Matter of fact, I don't even have Brennan on Facebook yet."

"Then you can add us too." Brandon interrupted.

"Brandon! Brett!" Celia called from across the field, bouncing towards us at lightning speed. Luckily Matty spotted her and began

"Oh god, not that girl again." My dad muttered, turning and walking to go talk to the coach. Celia approached our group, latching onto Brett's arm.

"Celia, is your mother here?" My mom asked, taking he opportunity to escape.

"She's over by the mascots!" Celia flashed her extremely white teeth at my mother.

"Be safe tonight kids! Call me if you decide to become under the influence." She whispered the last part to us with a wink, before escaping.

"Peyton." Brett nodded surprisingly calmly at Lane.

Brandon wasn't feeling the same way. "Boyfriend?"

The question was more directed at me than at Lane. I didnt miss Celia perking up as she listened into our conversation.

"Yall are dating? That's so not cool Brennan, you knew Rachel liked Lane." Celia scolded.

"I don't even know who Rachel is." Lane said. "But you're really annoying. Shoo."

Celia's face showed nothing but confusion but she didn't argue as she huffed away.

"How did you do that?!" Brandon asked, an amused yet shocked look on his face. "We've been trying to get rid of her for years."

"Be nice!" I hissed smacking my brothers arm.

"Just be straight up, and don't care about hurting people's feelings. Easy." Lane replied. He then turned to me. "Wanna head out?"

"are yall going to Ansley's?" Brett asked. He seemed to be warming up to Lane more than Brandon. Lane simply nodded slowly. He was definitely not a man of many words.

We finally separated from my brothers and headed off towards Lane's car. Luckily I had grabbed a change of clothes from my house before the game, so we immediately headed to Lane's apartment.

"Where are your parents?"

"At their house."

"You live by yourself!?"

"Yep."

"Why.. How?"

"I'm eighteen. I dont get along with my dad, so I live here instead. Why? Nervous about being alone with me?" He smirked.

"No." I rolled my eyes. I followed him up the steps to his apartment door. He unlocked the door and stepped aside so I could walk in. His apartment was very minimalist but surprisingly nicer than I expected. He had a sectional couch, TV and Xbox in his living room that attached to the kitchen. There was an open door that led to what I assumed was his bedroom.

"I'm going to take a shower, I'll be quick." He muttered to me, heading in the direction of his room, where I assumed the bathroom was. I looked around his apartment, checking out what games he had on Xbox. When you grow up with two brothers you have to know how to play video games or else you end up having to play in your room with your barbies by yourself.

I sat down on the couch and played with my phone. I opened up my Facebook app to discover that I had received a friend request from Lane and my mother had already tagged both of us in the picture she had taken. I needed to punish whoever taught my mom to use Facebook.

I quickly responded to Lane's friend request and decided to creep his profile. His social media presence was exactly how he was in person. He didn't post much, his last post being a picture he had uploaded from a month ago of a grilled cheese sandwich. What surprised me the most was the fact that his profile picture had already been set to the picture of both of us from tonight. I clicked the picture and saw that it had 34 likes and 5 comments.

Johnson Harden: who's the hot chick

Ketan Abusad: is that Brennan Wolf?

Katie Rogers: is this why you haven't responded to my messages?

Lane Peyton in response to Katie Rogers: you're annoying.

Matty White: Brennan is hot.

I giggled at Matty's comment. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped. I looked up to find a chuckling Lane standing behind the couch, looking down at me, shirtless with a towel draped over his shoulders. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Don't sneak up on people." I hissed.

"Pay attention to your surroundings." He winked. I stood up, grabbing my bag and walking towards his bathroom to change. I shut and locked the door, looking at the mirror to find it still fogged up from Lane's shower.

I quickly changed out of my uniform and into my clothes: a pair of denim shorts and a black cropped tshirt that showed off my toned stomach and pierced belly button. I slipped on my checkered vans and removed the bow from my hair. I slipped on my juicy couture hoodie and exited the bathroom. Lane was now fully dressed with black jeans and a dark grey tshirt. He wore a black and white flannel on top of that, left unbuttoned with the sleeves rolled up.

"Ready?" He asked, eyeing my outfit.

"Yup. Can I just leave my bag here?"  He nodded in response.

"Trying to find an excuse to come back?" he smirked.

I rolled my eyes. Of course he would think that. "More like just don't want to carry it around."

******