.08 - Surprise, Bitch

"I really don't care if they do anything. Seriously. It's not like that between us." My parents had gone out for the night, and my brothers were no where to be found so I laid on my bed, phone to my ear as spoke with Matty about Rachels date with Lane. I hadn't told her about what Lane had said about him ditching the date if I had asked.

"Yeah but you can't just let Rachel get away with trying to humiliate you like that." She argued. "Okay well I'm going to head out to pizza with Amber. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"Yeah I have homework to get done." I turned down her offer. We said our goodbyes and I hung up. I let out a sigh as I scrolled through my Instagram feed. I stopped at a picture of Rachel making a kissy face in a low cut crop top and a mini skirt with the caption 'date night.'

Bitch.

I continued my social media creeping, laughing when I discovered that Lane wasn't even following her back on Instagram.

He followed me first.

Should I do it? Ever since practice I had been debating with myself on asking Lane if he wanted to hang out. What if I asked him and he said no, or ignored me? If he stuck around with Rachel there was a definite chance that they would hook up but if he ended up ditching her to hang out with me, he probably knew that i wasn't going to even let him get my sweater off.

1 message from Rachel.

Rachel: thanks for letting me try your date out first ;)

That did it. I didn't bother replying to her message, scrolling past it to find Lane's thread.

Me: want to hang out? :)

Surprisingly he texted me back immediately.

Lane: you're too late I've already met up with her. :p

Me: ditch her.

Lane: lol how

Me: tell her your dog got out or something and you need to rush home

Lane: I don't have a dog

Me: I'm your dog. I got out,

Lane: on my way.

I smirked evilly at my phone. It didn't take him long to get to my house and before I knew it he was texting me that he was there. I grabs my sweater and pulled it on as I walked out the door and climbed into his car, his scent of spice and vanilla filling my nose.

"You know, I'm starting to think that maybe you're just as evil as me." He shot me a wicked smile as he began to drive.

"She thought that I had a thing for you and kept trying to shove it in my face. I couldn't let her win." I told him the truth. So far we were brutally honest with eachother and I wasn't about to ruin that.

"Twisted. Let's get pizza."

"Uh, how about ice cream? I sort of ditched my friends tonight."

"For me?" He asked in fake shock, pretending that he felt honored.

"No I just didn't feel like going out. Ironic." I said the last part mainly to myself.

"Well no matter how you ended up with me tonight, it beats hanging out with that annoying Rebecca girl."

I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing at the fact that he had said her name wrong. We pulled up to the Braums and walked in to order our ice cream.

"I hope you know this counts as our first date." He winked.

"I hope you know I don't date guys who date other girls." I returned his wink. I wasn't about to deal with a player and feel like I was apart of a harem.

"You'd be worth that." He muttered under his breath, but loud enough for me to hear. My stomach flipped at the comment and I diverted my attention to my peppermint ice cream. I knew better. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out, looking down at it.

Rachel: the deed is done. Sorry bout ya.

I showed the screen to Lane, who rolled his eyes. "I didn't touch that."

I laughed as he grabbed my phone from me, and pulled up the camera, stretching his arm out and pressing me against him, taking a quick picture of the two of us and sending it to her with the best caption ever.

Surprise, bitch.

"I'm going to go ahead and post that on Instagram so everyone knows I ditched her for you. God, I love being petty." He laughed.

The guy was crazy.

But I liked it.

And I was pretty sure we had just become partners in crime.