.13 - blood on the dance floor

I've been so bored at work (it's my last week at my salon so I've just been on desk all week) and so basically all I've done is write. I literally have four more chapters half written, I keep popping back and fourth between chapters to add more stuff. I'm actually proud of myself because I've been adding more and more.

I'm also thinking about adding a mature scene in a few chapters, but we will see!

Thanks for reading! Please support :D

I woke up without a hangover luckily. I remembered Lane dropping me off at home and helping me upstairs and into bed.

It was the day of the homecoming dance.

I took a quick shower, brushing my teeth twice to erase the beer taste that lingered, before sitting down on my bed wrapped in my towel and texting Matty.

Me: are you coming over here to get ready?

Matty: yeah, see u in a few x

I still couldn't believe Matty had hooked up with Brandon, but I pushed the thought to the back of my head. She was his date for the night, and they had always been weirdly close. Was this a regular thing? And had everyone known but me?

I decided not to bother Matty about it, she seemed nervous talking about it. I would definitely be confronting Brandon later. I quickly pulled on my yoga pants and a tshirt before barging into Brandon's bedroom. He was passed out on his bed and his black out curtains kept the room dark. I marched up to the window and pulled the curtains open.

"get up. I need answers."

"Brenn, fuck off." He gurgles, sticking his head under his pillow.

"What's going on?" Brett poked his head, probably coming to defend Brandon from me.

"Brandon hooked up with Matty."

"You didn't know?"

"Did everyone know but me?"

"No, not everyone knew but you." Brandon started, sitting up in his bed. "Brett, and I knew. Matty knew. Celia found out because I got drunk and told her I didn't want to hook up with her. I was stupid and told her I only wanted Matty."

"Wait so are you actually serious about Matty?"

"Yeah but I don't know." He scratched the back of his head.

"Well don't fuck with her feelings." I glared at him. "She should be here any minute to get ready for the dance, by the way."

*****

The dance was just like it was every year, except this year I had a terrible gut feeling. I wore red-violet heel with my black tunic styled chiffon dress. My hair was down and in gigantic curls. My hand latched onto Lane's arm as we walked into the gym turned into a homecoming dance. I could immediately tell that someone has spiked the punch and I already spotted a few students thinking they weren't being seen drinking from their flasks.

"Brennan, be careful if we get separated." Lane whispered to me. I wanted to question what he meant by that but before I knew it was being pulled out onto the dance floor.