.02 - The Pack

School arrived way too soon Monday morning and before I knew it, I was pulling into the dreaded parking lot of Washington Heights High School, Home of the Timberwolves. The boys had left an hour before me for football practice(yeah they play both sports), since the first game of the season was on the upcoming Friday. I was glad they were so busy with sports, because I ended up being able to get ready in peace. I curled my hair to perfection and applied a full face of makeup that day, extra concealer to hide the dark circles under my eyes. I wore a light blue and white oversized pullover from Victoria's Secret pink with a pair of ripped jeans and my converse, my plain black backpack hanging on one shoulder with my books in my arms, and a cup of coffee in hand.

"Morning Brennan!" Celia Cuccio, a beautiful, blonde Italian girl on the cheerleading team greeted me. Yeah, I was a cheerleader. It just some how ended up that way. It only seemed right, and it was expected that I was at every game cheering the pack on. Unfortunately this meant that all of the desperate girls wanted to be my friend in hopes of me hooking them up with one of my brothers or the rest of the pack, which was definitely not happening. Celia Cuccio just happened to be desperately in love with Brett. Or Brandon. It depended on how she was feeling that week, but I don't think she could actually tell who was who.

"Hey Celia, what's up?" I gave her the best fake smile I could.

"First of all, I looove your jeans. Ripped is so in right now. Second, I'm totally throwing a party after the game Friday, you're obviously invited along with the pack. Make sure you bring Brandon." Brandon it is this week. She grabbed my hand with her perfectly French manicured hands, and held it up to her heart as if to make me think that she really wanted me there from the bottom of her heart.

As much as I wanted to roll my eyes, I had to be nice. She was a teammate, and I didn't have any kind of problem with the girl besides the whole obsessed with my brothers thing. "Yeah, sure. Can't wait."

"Love it! See you at practice later, Ciao." She sent my a wink as she bounced off to class.

I found my way to first period and sat down next to Matty, my best friend. We bonded freshman year over the fact that we both had boys names and had become inseparable ever since. She was a pretty blonde girl, with chocolate brown eyes that reminded me of a golden retriever. We were the same size and wore the same style in clothing so we always seemed to be wearing each others clothes. From trying out for the cheerleading team to buying our first homecoming dresses together we had been through most of the typical high school moments.

"Saw you talking to Celia this morning. Brett or Brandon?" The blonde asked.

"Brandon." I rolled my eyes. "She invited us to her party after the game."

"Oh. what's new?" Matty stretched her arms out in front of her and pulled her iPhone out, tapping away at the screen. "Yeah I got the text invite."

I had my first two classes, Calculus and English, with Matty before we went our seperate ways and I went to Forensics. At my school we were allowed to choose what type of science class we wanted to take our senior year after we took biology, physics and chemistry in the earlier years. Forensics just happened to be the only class I had with both of my brothers, after that I wouldn't see them till lunch and I had Government with Brett later on.

I entered the classroom and took my usual seat next to Brandon. "BRAN."

"BREN."

"Where's Brett? He always beats me to class?"

"I dunno."

I gave him my signature 'over you' look and looked up at the door as Brett sauntered in. He collapsed in his seat, an annoyed look on his face. I felt my triplet instincts tingle. "What happened?"

"That stupid fucking asshole Peyton." It took me a moment to realize he was referring to Lane Peyton and my ears perked up. He looked at me in the eye before turning to look at Brandon. "For some reason this asshole wants to join the team? Right before the season begins?"

"What the fuck is he any good?" Brandon furrowed his brows in sudden frustration. Brett was captain of the football team, and the quarter back. Brandon was linebacker.

"Yeah he's good. He's going out for Keeton's position. I think he might get it." They launched into a talk about the team and the changes that might happen if Lane made the team for the rest of class, despite our teacher.

*****

At lunch the pack sat at the table in the complete center of the cafeteria. I have no idea how it even ended up that way, one day we all just starting sitting there. Mom packed our lunch so we never had to worry about buying it or getting lunch money from her, and she always put something different into each of our bags we would always end up trading with each other.

Matty and I made our way to the table, where Groupie Celia and her minions, Gina and Rachel were already sitting. Gina was a sweet girl who had the biggest crush on Brett (and she could actually tell which one he was) but would never act out on it out of fear that Celia would be pissed. Rachel was Celia's guard dog. She was snarky and rude, saying whatever came to mind and not holding back on the back handed compliments. For some reason that girl hated me.

"Brennan I saw that shirt on the sale rack when I went shopping. I would have gotten it but I'm not as into sales as you obviously are." Rachel smiled, twisting a caramel colored ringlet in her fingers.

"Lucky you, it wouldn't have been as flattering on you." Matty shot back at her casually. I didn't care for Rachel and her remarks, but Matty despised her.

We took our seats at the table as the rest of the pack joined us. Brandon, Brett, Joel, Keeton, and Harry sat down on the other side, leaving the girls at the opposite end. They were still angry about the whole Lane Peyton thing, and were deep in conversation about it. My eyes wandered around the cafeteria until they met with blue. Lane smirked at me, as if he had known he was the star of the conversation at our table. I scowled at him, before turning away and giving my friends my full attention.