.10 - Grim

Thursday was fairytale day. My brothers thought that they would be funny and dress as the big bad Wolf, both of them but today I decided to dress up as a fairy with the cheerleading squad. I wore a black tutu with a light blue tank top, gigantic black and blue wings that strapped on like a harness, with combat boots. Matty had the link version of my outfit but she decided to carry around a toy wand and smack people with it. We were covered in gold and silver body glitter and we both curled out hair to match.

I stood at my locker, playing on my phone, since I had plenty of time until first period began. Suddenly an arm draped itself over my shoulder and a familiar scent greeted me. I didn't look up, immediately recognizing Lane by how he smelled.

"I caught a butterfly." He purred into my ear.

"Fairy." I corrected him, finally looking up. To my surprise Lane had decided to actually dress up for the day. He wore all black with a gigantic hooded robe. His hood was currently down and he carried a fake scythe. "grim reaper? Scary how fitting that is.."

"And original." He winked, taking a jab at the fact that I had dressed with a group. His arm that had been wrapped around my shoulder pulled me into him, as if he was embracing me in a one armed hug. He lowered his voice as he whispered to me. "We are being watched."

I didn't bother to look around, partially distracted by how warm he was, for someone like me who was always freezing, it was perfect since I had forgotten a sweater. I melted into his embrace. "you're so warm."

He laughed at my comment, surprisingly not bothering to release me. His eyes darkened as he looked down at me. "And I'm all yours."

I pulled back in an attempt to hide my red face. I looked up and saw Rachel scowling at me from her locker down the hall. I shot her a friendly smile, before nonchalantly flipping my hair and directing my attention back to Lane.

"I saw that." He smirked.

Ignoring what he said I grabbed my books from my locker. "I'll see you later."

He didn't bother to say goodbye, but kept his eyes on me as I took off down the hallway to my first class. I took my place next to Matty, who gave me knowing look.

"Just FYI, Rachel is telling everyone she saw you making out with Lane in the hallway." She held up her cell phone to show me a message from Gina.

I had to handle this calmly. It wasn't that big of a deal. "I don't care. Let her tell people whatever."

"Im so sick of her."

********

Spirit day finally approached. My leftover curls from the day before were still going strong and my makeup included a Timberwolves temporary tattoo on my cheek. I wore my uniform's skirt but my homecoming groups tshirt with it. I pinned the obnoxious (and oversized) mum to my tshirt. Typically tour date is suppose to buy your mum for you but luckily for my date, my mom insisted on making both my mum and his garter. Matty ended up as Brandon's date, so my mom made her and Celia's mums also. Mums were cute, sure. But they're also heavy and trip you while you walk.

"Brenn, your ride is here!" I heard my mom call from downstairs. Ride?

I grabbed my backpack and walked down the stairs to find none other than Lane Peyton standing with my mom. Brett and Brandon were glaring at him from their spot in at the breakfast table. To my surprise Lane was wearing his tshirt. He wore a black hoodie on top of it along with a pair of plain black jeans and distressed vans. He had a beanie on top of his head to complete the look.

"You're wearing your shirt!" I shot him a smile as I bounced off the last step. He smirked at me.

"It's apart of the homecoming thing." I followed him out to his car, still surprised he didn't bring his motorcycle.

"How come you never bring your motorcycle?"

"Because it's one thing to risk my life on it, but I'm not going to be held responsible for another persons life." He gave me a mocking smile as he touched the tip of my nose with his pointer finger. I rolled my eyes at the gesture as I climbed into his black mustang.

"Why did you pick me up?"

"So many questions, Little Wolf." He drove just like the guys in the movies, one hand on the steering wheel, the other resting under his chin in a bored fashion. "I picked you up because you are mine."

"Possessive much?" I rolled my eyes.

When we arrived at school it seemed like everybody was staring at us and whispering. I guess it was weird that I had never showed any interest in any guys and now here I was climbing out of the schools biggest asshole, Lane Peyton's car. Lane grabbed my backpack from me and carried it while we walked to my locker.

Matty was waiting for me at my locker, a huge smile on her face. "Good morning sunshine. And Lane."

Lane simply nodded at her, handing me my backpack so I could put it in my locker before he turned and went his own way.

"He is a man of very few words." She giggled. "So are you guys a thing yet?"

"I don't know." It was true. He had asked me to be his girlfriend but I wasn't sure if it was apart of his game or real. Until I knew then I wouldn't be announcing it to the whole world.

"It would be cool though. So unexpected. The bad boy player, and the innocent pack princess."