Journey to Utopia

Start from the beginning

Cerci started with, "Alright, now I know everybody is exhausted from the attack that just occurred. And yet, we only had two humanity stones, which I might add, aided us in this conflict (as we were the weaker side). However, we may face greater threats in the future, so we need to be prepared for that." Tension grew wishing everybody, an unintended effect from what she said. "However, the more stones in out possession, the safer we can be here. And even so, we have each other, right?" Silence answered. "Well, I see how it is then.

"Our next mission is going to be searching the lost ruins of Utopia for humanity stones. Of course, that's underwater, so you'll need means to search the rubble for extended periods of time. That is why," as she revealed what seemed to be a small handful of glowing Oran berries, "I have created some magical fruits that will allow a select few of you to temporarily breath underwater.

"Now, I cannot possibly force any of you to do this mission, seeing the events which just occurred. That is why I will be asking for volunteers." With this, Eros' hand shot up, marking him as the only one who was eager to go on another mission. Even Sicily looked gloom, unwilling to signal that she wanted to travel. "Alright, that's one. Not saying it's impossible, but I'd rather he wasn't alone. Anybody else want to go?" A few moments later, Surge stepped out from behind Hank, raising his arm.

"I'd like to do a mission. I mean, if that's cool with you, Hank."

Hank gave an artificial smile, replying, "Aw, who's a good Pikachu? You are, you are!" Hank proceeded to rub Surge's head, making him a little distressed but clearly pleasing him.

"Uh, alright. That's Surge and Eros. (Surge exists?) Well, anybody else brave enough? Anybody?"

A few moments later, Xerxes stepped forwards, holding a confident and malicious smile to the side of her face. "I'm game."

"Good. That's a good number. That's three. Anybody else?" This time, nobody stood forwards, leaving the party to just Eros, Surge and Xerxes. "Good. I'll meet you guys after we're done talking about cleaning up this place."

Cerci rambled on for another hour before dismissing everybody to their rooms, leaving only her and the three who volunteered. She started by turning to the group and saying, "Well, I'd like to thank you all for stepping up even though we had just suffered from this tragic attack. Now, Eros, you aren't going to need any berries, as-"

Cerci was interrupted by Surge, who had stated, "Not to be rude or nothin, but what is this Utopia thing?"

"Well, I do suppose I should've made that more clear. Utopia used to be this place- beautiful, as I've read- that had this great conflict between people and Pokemon. Tragic, it was, when the humans used a great weapon to destroy the island. Fortunately, for us, that weapon ran on humanity stones, so if you search the general area, you should be able to find it. Hopefully, you don't run into any more legends or mages or witch hunters or whatever. And if you do, please try not to piss them off. Alright?" A collective nod. "Good.

"I'll stay here. With the help of that Baroness lady, who didn't bother to give her actual name, we'll do some training with the others."

Eros tilted his head a bit. "Training?"

Cerci gave a boastful smile. "That's right. I am the top instructor of Druids at the old Druidic academy, after all. This will be a relatively small class for me to handle, as opposed to, like, thirty students. I promise you, by the time you get back, Hank will be casting spells left and right. And maybe Sicily, too. Did you know I hate Sicily? She's a bitch who doesn't follow through on her attempted murders, that's who. God, if she wasn't healing me, I would slap her so hard..." With this, Cerci walked off, but not before handing a set of laminated papers to Eros.