Real or Sham?

Prim and I had been walking silently for 2 hours, I hadn't known where I was going, but I was doing what I only had left to trust my gut. We were where I was a couple hours earlier in the middle of the road walking in the middle of the forest. I was surprised the big bad wolf didn't jump out and attack us. Prim was awfully silent and it concerned me. I was hoping for a trillion questions and maybe some of her usual annoying talkativeness. This all reminded me of when we first met in the cave when I had escaped from the stone heart asylum. Where this all started. I paused in my tracks. I stood motionless and processed the last thing I said.  Where it all started. That's it! I had to go back to the source of this. The source of the illusion.

"Prim I have a plan..."
"Whats the plan....." Prim stared at me with wide concerned eyes and grinned suspiciously.

~~~~~~~~~

"Hello welcome to Stone Heart asylum, please remove any objects you have and all bags you have and leave them in the lockers over there. Take the key out of the lock when you put it in. Why are you here today?"  The assistant behind the front desk looked dragged out and tired. I stared back before replying as soon as Prim pinched me to get me back to my senses. "Um..Im here to put her here, how do I put her in the system here?" I asked nervously. "Well you would first need to show ID and then she would need to take a Sanity test to see if she really needs to be here." The assistant boredly handed me paperwork and told me to fill it out. I took to paperwork and with prim I walked to the nearest chairs near the desk.

As planned Prim sat quietly and stared blankly straight ahead, and slightly twitching violently every 20 seconds. The plan would be for prim to act mentally insane so that while she is being tested I would find the time to head to my old cell where i stayed and search for clues or something. I pretended to fill out the paper work. I was interrupted by the fake filling out when a voice came over the Loud speakers.

"Will all personnel please report the east wing? We have a code 5 in progress, I repeated a code 5 in progress. " 

The woman behind the desk flashed me a look, but I looked back down at the paperwork and avoided eye contact. She got up and walked to the elevator. After she was inside and the doors closed, Prim and I quickly passed the front desk and made our way to the stairwell.

When we entered we made our way up the spiral stair case and when we finally reached floor 4 we arrived at the doors.

"Ash it says Restricted area , this floor is closed off, are you sure this is your floor?"
"Positive." I said as I moved the broken wheel chairs out of the way and other rusted objects to open the door.  "Don't worry If the floor is closed off, no one should be on this floor, which means the cameras aren't in affect." I said reassuringly

Truth is if this plan hadn't worked we would be captured and with the history of asylums they would rather torture you and write you off as insane, rather than turn you over to the police. By the time you were known as missing and the police find you,  surely you would be officially insane. So my plan was one way. Succeed or Fail trying. But I didn't want to think about the failing part because I cared about Prim and it would be selfish of me to just allow myself to fail without going down with a fight.

I opened the doors of the floor and inhaled deeply preparing myself for a long walk down hell's memory lane. Honestly anything could be lurking on this floor. Stone Heart asylum turns humans into monsters. They make Frankenstein's. I was scared myself but I had to be tough for Prim. Now wasn't the time to be wimpy. Walking silently and only hearing the sounds of our breathes, The door slammed loudly behind prim causing the piles of rubble behind the door to collapse in front of it sealing our escape exit.

"fuck fuck fuck fuck" I ran over to the entrance and tried to open it. But it didn't even budge a bit.
"Seriously Prim?!" I dropped the book bag on the floor and took out the flash light. I didn't really need the book bag if this worked. So I decided to leave it . I picked up a nearby piece of metal that was lying on the floor. It was pretty sharp so I figured I could use it as a weapon, ya know in case anything happens...

"Whats that for...?" Prim asked sounding a little uneasy.
"Umm....incase we have to break some glass to climb though the next exit." I said lying.

"Where would that be located?.." She pried.

When she should've been talking now she asking multiple questions. Prim I like you in all, but horrible timing. Seriously.

"On the other side of this floor." I said muttering.
"Oh...ok" She said sort of nervous.

I held the torch light and tried not to look in any dark corners or areas of the hallway I just wanted to shine the light on the numbers of the rooms so that I could so nicely lock myself in my cell. I would feel a lot safer in there than out of it. After 15 minutes of silence and breathing, I heard a noise. I was like a rustling noise. A pitter patter. I turned off the flash light. It wasn't the brightest idea I had but, I knew that I if I turned it off I wouldn't be drawing attention the area I was in with prim. After all you don't know how long this floor had normal humans on it.

"Ash what the fuck, put the light back on." Prim whispered angrily. I covered her mouth. And mouthed the words hush.

The rustling continued and it was closer this time. But as it came closer and closer, It sounded more like feet. I pretty sure face expression was the expression of , WHAT THE FUCKITY FUCK at the moment. There was no where for me and prim to hide, all the nearby cells had things blocking them. So whatever was coming out way, we had to try and fight it off, cause I'm sure its not a who but a what.....