Understanding the inevitable

"HEY GET OFF HIM!" I turned away to the sound of a girls voice. She had black hair like mine with moss green eyes as she yelled at me she had dimples which imprinted when she spoke. She ran over to me and pulled me off of him. "What the hell is your problem?" She asked angrily. " Hey don't get mad at me! He's the one pushing buttons, if your going to be mad at anyone it should be him!" I said.

" Oh shut up Ashton. That's all you ever did cover your own ass." (Eithien)

"MY OWN ASS?, I wasn't the one who....." I bit my toungue. I was trying to keep a low profile, and I was in the process of blowing my cover. Instead of arguing I picked up the two forms and walked off. I heard mummbling and gasps coming from behind me. But I ignored them. " Thats right fuck off." Eithien said. I could feel his smug look on his face. I wanted to bash his head in but I controlled my fists and kept walking.

The sun was setting outside, as I walked to my bike, I held my head down watching my shadow as it mimicked me. When I reached a couple feet away from my bike, I noticed my shadow had gone. I turned around in a circle searching for my shadow.

When I found it, it was on the floor like normal but refused to move. I sat next to it and studied it for a moment.

"This is insane...." I mumbled to myself.

The shadow then had red eyes again as the one I saw back at my aunts house. The shadow rippled for a moment and all at once, it sat next to me. I was frozen not sure how to respond. It was like a mime, as it waved it hands around as if trying to communicate. It got up and walked to the curb near a puddle and rolled around in it. I stared confused trying to understand what had happened. It was then i noticed the shadow was slowly taking on human form as the darkness of the shadow slowly turned into palish human flesh and the facil features started to form. Hair began to form and grow down to directly above the figures shoulder. Hands began to form as well as fingers, feet ,toes . I stood up in a amazement. The mouth began to form slowly. After 15 min, a full human stood infront of me. A male, looked no more than my age, 18, maybe 19. It stretched and opened its eyes and looked around. I studied it for a moment. His platinum blonde hair a perfect shade of blonde, and his eyes crystal blue like mine. He wasn't buff or anything, but like me, he had some muscle. I watched as he studied his features. Then he spoke,

"WICKEEEDDD"

I stayed silent unsure how to respond at his choice of words. He walked towards me and hugged me. I stayed straight as a pin. " Ashton right? Hatis sent me to protect you? Or somthing. Shit I forgot. Oh well. Do you have somthing to wear it's freezing, and can I get somthing to eat too? Underworld food is shitty. And I heard there's some smoking hot babe's here too, by the way who's that girl you met in the wo-" " woah woah chill, can I at least get some time to understand what the hell just happened?" I said gripping my hair in my right hand.

"No problemo brah" he said grinning.

I studied him for a moment.

"We need to get you some clothes first, and where did you come from?"

"I'm a Zito, a spirit shadow, only demons have them. So technically we're like best friends" he said punching me playfully on my shoulder.

"How about we don't touch till I find you clothes? "

"Oh yeah yeah, no probs."

—-

"How does this look?" We had been at the mall for 2 hours looking for somthing for him to wear. Then after I while I realized I didn't know his name.

"What your name?."

"Brad. Anyways how does this look, don't leave a mate hangin' "

"Yeah yeah, it looks fine."