ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓣⓗⓘⓡⓣⓨ ⓔⓘⓖⓗⓣ

Start from the beginning

I turned around to head out the other end and stopped to find Drake in the other street with Cassie and a few other people. Of all the people, why. Is this fate tryna fuck me over again? Because last time it did, it really did fuck me over and left me for dead.

I'll just go down and brace whatever happens. I need food and the arcade so I'ma have to make a small sacrifice.

Coming out the other end, Cassie was quick to spot me and left Drake after mentioning something to him. She approached me and I stopped walking- making sure I was a good distance away from their group. I don't wanna be sucked into that loop right now.

"Hey Trey." She said.

"Aye Cassie, what's up?" I kept taking small steps farther away from Drake and she seemed to keep up with me without noticing my obvious plan.

"Just out, you?"

"You should know I never sit still for too long." A short laugh coming from her. "So what's up with Drake anyways?"

"Good friend of mine." According to what the fuck Isabella told me, that's code for she fuckin' with this nigga. If that's false, I'ma come after Isabella in her sleep with a vacuum. "Why so curious?"

"I don't know him very well so I just thought I'd ask." I said with a shrug. "What's he doin' with those guys anyways?" I saw money in his hand as he spoke to them and figured maybe he was tryna buy somethin' off them.

"He's trying to buy some weed. You got any you need to sell since that's what you do?" Shade or nah? I'm a say nah but I feel like it's yee.

"I don't have any on hand and I'm not workin' tonight. I'm sure if you look around you'll find another IRG member working."

"I guess so."

"I'ma get going 'cause I got shit to do but tell Drake he can stop worryin'." She looked back at me puzzled. "He keeps lookin' back at us like as if he thinks I'm gonna do somethin' to you." If I was gonna do something, I would have already done it. Anyone who knows me in these streets knows I act fast, which is why I end up in bullshit situations but that's besides the point.

"Oh, alrig-"

"One more thing. Whatever happened to you being completely done with me?" That question caught her off guard 'cause she looked like a deer in headlights. "That's what I thought. Once you mess with me, it's tough to break away. Bye Cassie." I turned around and continued to get to my damn hamburger.

~Vonnie P.O.V.~
~The Next Morning~

"Good morning." I said to Chris as he came walking down the hall with Breezon not too far behind him. He was mumbling a jumble of nonsense the whole way just trying to catch up to Chris.

"Aye, how are you?" He asked taking a seat at the table. "I got Breezon already dressed, by the way." I gave a quick nod.

"I'm alright. Want anything for breakfast before I leave for work?" Things with Romeo simmered down back to where I could go back to working at the shop without any kind of tension. Being back at work helps keep my mind off things and I don't feel as dependent on Chris as far as finances go.

"Nah, I'm gonna go out to breakfast with Lolo with Breezon and Rio but thanks for the offer. What time you get off?"

"Four or five, depending on walk ins. Be sure to tell Lolo I said hi."

"I got'chu." I took the last bite of my waffles and put the plate in the sink and washed the bits of syrup that stuck to my fingers.

"Can I ask you something?"