ⓘⓝⓣⓡⓞⓓⓤⓒⓣⓘⓞⓝ

ⓡⓔⓘⓝⓒⓐⓡⓝⓐⓣⓔⓓ: ⓘⓝⓣⓡⓞⓓⓤⓒⓣⓘⓞⓝ

~2 Years Later~

~Trey P.O.V.~

I woke up in bed and grabbed my phone immediately like I did every morning. I always hoped to see a text or missed call but it was never there. Just an empty phone... like it has been for the past two years. Rolling out of bed, I untwisted my boxers and gave a good rub of my face as I walked to my bathroom.

The shower starting, I stripped till I was bare. and took a look at myself through the mirror. I was basically just a walking skeleton.. depression has never hit anyone so hard. I lost nearly all my muscle mass and i just looked and felt so weak. My eyes were so dull to where they appeared grey and drained of all life.

The amount of regret I have will be with me till I'm in the ground. I'll never forgive myself and that memory haunts me every single day, whether I'm awake or asleep. His last words always echo throughout my ears and it kills me a little more with each echo.

I finally stopped examining myself and got in the shower. Just standing there, I let the water rinse me... how much I wish it could drown me. All I had to do was tip my head back and breathe in the water till it filled my lungs and that would be the end of my suffering- no. I deserve to suffer for my hard headed decision.

Ever since the incident, I couldn't care anymore for IRG or the entire drug game itself. I haven't set foot in a trap in two years and never even as much as looked at a gun or bag of weed. I've pretty much distanced myself from the family and have kept to myself. I still see them from time to time but it's just not the same- I just realized I had tears coming down my cheeks again. I need to stop remembering all the memories, I need to stop. It's just too much of a reminder of how I killed my brother.

After about an hour of standing under the burning water I stepped out. My skin burned raw but I didn't care for the pain, like I said; I deserved to suffer.

I got dressed and grabbed my phone off the nightstand, along with my keys. Dragging myself down the stairs, I headed out the door and slipped into my car. Driving down the block, I drove past his house and let out a deep sigh. No one rented out that house after it was put up for rent... it's just been sitting there all this time with his car still in the driveway- The car behind me honked their horn and I snapped out of my thoughts, proceeding down the block.

One thing that's helped is the fact Ty lives down my block too. He's not my direct neighbor but he's within walking distance so he would come over the most. DeShawn has been so caught up with Law School, so I rarely see him... this gave Ty and I the opportunity to become close like how we used to be back before DeShawn lived with us.

The black car kept following me, persistently riding my ass and I was getting really irritated. I pulled over to the side and watched the car speed off down the block, turning the corner so fast I was surprised the car didn't flip over. Shaking my head, I continued back onto the road.

***

Stepping out of the car, I closed the door and walked along the designated path to the iron gates. Typing in the code, I waited for it to open and proceeded with entering. I looked along the gravestones and smiled weakly when I found his.

Though we never got his body, I still paid for him to have a nice funeral. I got him his blue suede casket like he wanted and a large headstone just as he wanted. My hands in my pockets, I stood right next to his plot and bit my cheek trying to prevent myself from breaking down again... like every other time I come here.

"I'm so sorry Breezy. You know I never sought out to get either of us killed." I said with sorrow too thick in my voice. My chest began to hurt as I replayed what happened over and over again in my mind.

"Yeah I know you never sought too but you chose one sexy ass picture for my headstone. I knew you'd pull through for a Super Mega Ultra Nigga Best Friend." I turned around and saw him standing there dressed down in a suit like as if he just came from a funeral. "Come here, nigga." He said pulling me in for a hug.

"Chris-"

"Shh, nigga you need to eat and hit the gym. Not to mention you drive so fucking slow on the road. Had to honk at your ass just to get you movin'." He said with that laugh I hadn't heard in so long. I didn't know what to say, what to do- was this even real? Was I just dreaming again?

"I'm so sorry-"

"Stop that bitch made shit. T-Money you're not about to be a bitch right now, we swore in seventh grade we would never be bitch made and we even made an alliance, don't go against it. We got some shit to discuss, I got tea in the back of my car and pizza." He let me go and I just couldn't fucking believe I was looking at him right now... this isn't real... this can't be-

I woke up.

I fucking woke up on my couch and just started bawling. This was the shit I had to go through on a regular basis. It was this stuff that made suicide look so damn good right now. I had rope and high ceilings. I have pain medications and booze. I've got knives and guns-

"You passed out when we came home. You good?" He asked as he came walking back into the room. "You was starting to bawl at the cemetery too. Nigga I can't die, do you honestly think I was going to die before at least getting back at Romeo Jr.? Here's some tea, we got a lot to talk about." He said handing me the can and taking a seat on the couch with me.

"I just don't understand... it's been two years."

"I know. Two years I spent in New York and now I'm finally back home. I wanna know everything." His smile plastered on his face and I'm sitting here not sure what I'm seeing right now. I see him, I hear him, and I can feel him sitting next to me but I don't know if I should believe it or not.

"Trey, your Super Mega Ultra Brother Nigga Best Friend has been Reincarnated." He said with another wild laugh.