ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓕⓘⓥⓔ

ⓡⓔⓘⓝⓒⓐⓡⓝⓐⓣⓔⓓ: ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓕⓘⓥⓔ

~A Few Days Later~
~Breezy P.O.V.~

I sat behind the desk playin' on my phone with my feet propped up on the desk. I've missed Romeo's so much, I hated Romeo Jr, but this shop was life to me. It made me feel more normal and like an average nigga. It separates me from the gang life which is a nice from time to time.

"Look who's back." My eyes flickered up and I died from laughter when I saw who it was. "That laugh though." She said.

"Female, last I saw you, that weave was dry as fuck. I coulda fed it to M.C." I said through my laughter. "But how you been and why you here? Yvonne isn't working today."

"For real? I thought she was?" I shook my head. "Romeo said she was?"

"Romeo wants her back but she can't right now. What were you comin' in for?"

"She was gonna put in highlights."

"I'll just reschedule you for when the next female worker comes in." Apparent there's new staff that I haven't met but I ain't trippin'. "Where's your one fine friend that always came in and gave me pop rocks?" I looked at the time and realized it was much later than I thought it was, so I stepped from around the desk and grabbed the keys to the shop off the top of the desk.

"She's at college."

"Why aren't you there too?" I felt a hard slap on my arm. "What was that for? I just asked a question- why the hell did you come here knowing this shop is closed in like ten minutes?"

"Shh-"

"Mhm, I see you girl. But I'll text you when I "reschedule" your appointment." I held the door open for her like a good nigga... I watched her walk out too and enjoyed my view but you know. It just caught my attention, I wasn't intending on lookin', shit I blame nature for that one.

"Thank you. I wanna know what happened to you-"

"Just know I went through some shit. We'll talk more about it at your appointment." I pulled her in for a hug before we said our final goodbyes and I went off to my car. It just now dawned on me that I still don't know her name... Was that bad?

***
I drove by Trey's house and saw his car still wasn't in the driveway. I didn't see him this morning, or when I came over so we could go to lunch and I still don't see that car. I'll have to give him a call when I get home- I should have stopped by Mama's house first. I bet she's cooking something mad good.

I closed the front door behind me, locked it, and walked directly to the kitchen to find it empty... Until I saw the pie on the counter and became very excited. It smelled like apple and this wasn't no ordinary pie, this was a dutch apple.

I'll have to come back and investigate that later on.

Walking up the stairs, I peeked into Breezon's room and saw he was fast asleep in his crib. The fish night light was on and that had to be the coolest thing ever. The fish moved and it was all colorful, makes me wish I had that when I was little.

I closed his door, leaving it cracked just a little bit, before walking into my room to find Yvonne laying on the bed with her iPad on her lap.

"Hey, how are you?" She asked bringing her dark chocolate eyes up to mine and a warm smile to accompany.

"Pretty good, how are you?" I slipped off my shoes and put them right by my dresser before peeling off my shirt and tossing it into the hamper behind the door. "Breezon's knocked out, what did you do to him today?"