ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓢⓘⓧⓣⓔⓔⓝ

ⓡⓔⓘⓝⓒⓐⓡⓝⓐⓣⓔⓓ: ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓢⓘⓧⓣⓔⓔⓝ

~Arlie P.O.V.~

I woke up on the couch and was surprised. Looking around, I saw it was completely pitch black. Grabbing my phone out of my pocket I glanced at the time and was surprised again at the time... It was close to eleven o'clock.

Then I remembered Heather, us on the bed and a kiss. I stood up from the couch and turned on the downstairs light, the jogged up the stairs to my room to see the bed still perfectly made from this morning. Not a wrinkle on the comforter and no blunts on either nightstand. I breathed out a breath of relief when I realized that having Heather in this room was just a bad dream that felt too close to reality.

But was seeing that Javier-looking man also apart of my dream? I clearly remember sitting on the porch drinking a beer and talking to Heather, I know that happened but the lines are blurred as to who I saw walking across the street so casually.

10:51 p.m. -Me: when did you leave my house?

10:52 p.m. -Heather: Right after you went inside after you claimed you were seeing ghosts.... Why? Are you okay?

10:53 p.m. -Me: Yeah I'm fine. Thanks n' goodnight.

10:43 p.m. -Heather: As long as you're okay, good night.

I put my phone back in my pocket and snapped my head up when I heard the keys turn to unlock the front door. Amber must be home-

"Alright Arlie, where's Joel?" She called out as she slammed the door. I left my room and walked to the top of the stairs, looking down over the entry way where she stood. "I want him-"

"He's with family for the next few days." I said back with just as hard of a stare as she had towards me. "What's got you in a mood now?"

"Was coming back here on my lunch break to see you had company sitting on the porch-"

"You're not serious right now. Amber for the love of God, you know I'm not doing anything with her. She stopped by to just say Hi, like any other friend of mine would."

"It doesn't even matter anymore. I'm done with you because I'm not going to be your "main' while you have her as a "side". I'm not dealing with that, so go ahead and do whatever- Joel better not have been here while she was." She snapped back at me.

"He wasn't. Heather doesn't even as much as know his name. If you want to be a child about this, then go right on ahead. I haven't done anything with Heather aside make amends with her." She didn't say anything. She simply stormed off to another part of the house and I came walking down the stairs. "What are you doing now?"

"I'm leaving. I'm getting my things and leaving." She said as she grabbed a duffle bag from the storage closet and brushed passed me, going directly upstairs. I looked at the kitchen table and saw her ring still there, completely untouched... I just shook my head in disappointment and went back up the stairs to what was our room. Standing at the doorway, I watched her raid the dresser, pulling out her clothes and tossing them onto the bed.

"Where are you going?" I asked calmly. I wasn't going to let myself start yelling or let my temper get the best of me... Just remain calm and things will go smoothly.

"Anywhere but here. I want to know who Joel is with-"

"No, because you're going to just run off with him. I'm not letting you do that because Joel just yours, he's ours."

"I just want to-"

"Nope."

"Arlie I'm not playing these games. Tell me who he's with." She stopped packing and looked at me with a deathly glare. "I swear if I have to take you to court-"