Another Death

Song: "See You Again" by Wiz Khaliffa and Charlie Puth

····

Jenna was curled up in a little ball on the couch in tears. She felt so alone. The one who was always there, always supporting, was gone. She tightly squeezed her throw pillow, sobbing, and whenever she thought she had control, more tears flowed. She texted Val.

J: I can't do dinner tonight.

V: why, baby girl?

J: it's um

V: babe?

J: my mom. The cancer.

V: oh baby. I'm so sorry, I'll be home in 5.

J: ok

Val rushed in and sat down next to Jenna, pulling her into his lap. He kept kissing her cheek, to try to keep her tears to a minimum. She leaned back into his warm arms. Just being with him helped her feel a little better.

"Val, I-I-" Jenna stuttered.

"Hey, hey, you don't talk, now," he calmed her, stroking her hair and kissing her head.

"Hey," Jenna whispered.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Please dont ever leave me," she said looking up at him pleadingly.

"Never, ever, will I do that."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

<>

Jenna put on her black dress and got ready for her mother's funeral. She walked downstairs and Val was there in his suit waiting for her.

After the service Jenna had tears dried on her soft, pink cheeks. Val kissed them in an effort to cheer her up.

"You ok?" He asked driving her home.

"Yeah I guess."

"You know this isn't how it's supposed to work in this story."

"What?"

"We're Jenna and Val. We're supposed to be the cutesy one always kissing and cuddling. No tragedy," Val said making her smile.

"Yeah you're right, this is some weird plot twist."

"We should fix this..." He pulled into her driveway and they both changed into more comfortable clothes."

"Oh I got it!" Jenna shouted.

"What?"

"If we cuddle and watch movies while you whisper sweet things to me, it'll fix the story!"

and thats what they did, in order to fix the story.