Results

Song: "I'm a Mess" by Ed Sheeran.

I'd get the tissues if I were you.

••••

Sharna sat anxiously tapping her foot, waiting for the call. The call that could change her life. Paul seated himself next to her, rubbing her back attempting to calm her, yet failing miserably.

"Babe, you know it'll be ok," he told her lovingly.

"Shut up Paul!" She fired at him. Her nerves were eating away at her, so he understood and took no offense.

"Sorry, it's just-"

"I understand. It's ok."

The phone rung, and Sharna jumped and quickly answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello, may I speak to Ms. Sharna Kirkland?"

"This is she," Sharna answered politely.

"We have results from your recent tests."

"Yes and?"

"We apologize Ms. Kirkland, but you will not be able to bear children."

Sharna dropped the phone in shock and pain. She couldn't even speak, but her face said it all.

"Hello? Ms Kirkland?" The lady on the phone started to yell.

"She's ok, just in shock, thank you," Paul answered for her and hung the phone up. Sharna was staring at the ground, not a tear shed.

"Shar, you ok?"

"I'm gonna take a walk."

"Ok, tell me if you need anything."

"Ok. Thanks," she said grabbing her coat and rushing out the door.

She started running down the street, sobbing in the moonlight. She could never bring a child forth a child into this world. Ever. She cried harder every block she ran down, getting lost in the darkness. Tears filled her eyes, she couldn't see. Suddenly, everything blacked out.

••••

I feel so evil for doing this omg.