Heart Breaker

Song: "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri inspired this chapter so it would be perfect.

••••

"Excuse me, but what?" A blonde asked Brant and Peta, after the others had left the hospital after the previous incident.

"Oh sh*t," Brant mumbled.

"Did you say you two were on a date?"

"Um yeah we are. Who are you?" Peta answered.

"I think I should be asking the same thing."

"Ladies, lets relax," Brant said and laughed nervously.

"What's going on, Brant? Who is this?"

"Here come with me," the blonde led Peta to a different room.

"Who are you," Peta was still confused.

"I'm Jasmine, Brant's girlfriend."

Peta's eyes widened at the words she spoke. Brant had a girlfriend? Why would he agree to a date with her if he was taken already?

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I had no idea! I asked him out, and he accepted, so I thought he was single. I'm apologize."

"Ugh what an as*hole. He never even cared about me. I was just a pretty face to call his."

"Let's go confront him."

Jasmine and Peta walked out, to find Brant making out with a pretty, young nurse.

"Brant!?" Jasmine yelled. He looked up and pushes the girl off of himself.

"I uh," he stuttered.

"Brant, I'm disgusted with you. You can't just treat women like toys. I can't believe I even asked you out, and even if you are single again, I would never even think of dating you. I thought you could mend the tear in my heart from James' death, but no, you just made the cut deeper. Bye Brant."

"Peta wait!" He called after her, but she left, disappointed and alone.

Peta went home and flopped on the bed, crying. Love just wouldn't work for her. Maybe she could be lesbian, that Jenna Marbles chick was pretty hot. No, Peta, you love guys, she thought to herself. She turned over, and opened the drawer of her bedside table. She dug through, and found a necklace, with a heart locket attached. It had her and Maks' named engraved into it, and inside was a picture of the two. She cried more.

She had so many scars, from love that was torn apart. Maks had done damage, but what Brant did was even worse. He was taking girls' hearts, and ripping them to shreds.

Peta grabbed her phone, and dialed Sharna's number. She needed her.

"Hey P, how was the date?"

"Bad."

"What happened?"

"Brant he, he," Peta started to cry harder.

"Hold on babe, I'll be right over."

Sharna opened Peta's door with the extra key she had, and ran up to Peta's room. Her bed was a mess of sheets and mascara stained pillow cases.

"Babe," she said sitting down next to a sobbing Peta, rubbing her back reassuringly.

"His girlfriend, she-she came and we talked, and we found him kissing a nurse and-"

"P, there's no reason to be upset about some jerk."

"But I thought he would be the one to help, to fix what Maks had done, and after what happened to James. But he-he just made it worse."

"You'll find the right one soon enough, love. I never thought I would, but then Paul made his way into my life."

"Yeah but we're almost the same age and your married, and I'm still single."

"Everything works at its own pace."

"Ok, thank you I love you, Shar."

"Anytime babe. I love you too."

••••

Burgaytroyd moment awwe