Forced Romance?

Can't think of a song for this ://
••••

Peta wanted love again. She was desperate, but not so much that she would go back to Maks. She thought about who would be someone, who would show her love, appreciate her. Brant. Brant Daughtry. They had always had a special connection, but he moved after the season ended. He recently came back to L.A., still a bachelor. Maybe he was mean to be with her. She searched in her contacts to find his number. She found it, and pressed call.

"This is Brant."

"Hey Brant, it's Peta."

"Peta! Oh my gosh he haven't spoken in forever! How have you been?"

"Eh not so good. My boyfriend recently died in a car accident."

"Oh yeah I heard about that. I'm so sorry."

"Sooo, do you maybe wanna go out to dinner tonight?"

"I'd love too! I'll pick you up at eight, babe."

"K, see ya."

Peta didn't feel anything. When she was with Maks and James she always had this special feeling before a date. With Brant, nothing. But those relationships didn't work out, so maybe Brant was the wone. She dressed herself up all pretty, and did her makeup and hair and waited for his arrival.

"Hey girl," he said walking in.

"Hi Brant, ready to go?"

"Yep," he smiled at her and took her hand as they left.

They walked to his car and started to the restaurant on the other side of town. On their way, they saw police and ambulances blocking off one part of the street.

"Hmm I wonder what happened," Brant said turning the car around to take a different route.

"I have no idea maybe it's-" Peta was cut off by the sound of her ringing phone. "Hold on, let me take this."

She answered calmly.

"Is this Ms Peta Murgatroyd?"

"Yes, may I ask who is calling?"

"This is the hospital, it appears Ms Sharna Kirkland was injured in a car accident."

"What!? Oh my gosh, do you know who the driver was!?"

"Yes, it was Mr. Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

Anger stirred inside of Peta. First he breaks her heart, then he goes and practically kills her best friend.

"Thank you for calling."

"Brant I'm gonna need you to bring me to the emergency room."

"Why?"

"Sharna. She was the one in that accident." Peta's eyes started to fill with tears.

"Omg I'm so sorry. I'll take you there right now," he said turning the car around once again. Peta stared at the rain trickling down the car windows in the night. Why was she slowly losing everyone she loved? Maks, James, and now maybe Sharna.

••••