Chapter 1

RIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG my alarm rang, to which I reluctantly turned off. I threw my long legs over the bed and put my slippers on. I stretched as I stood, and my gown cascaded over me to the middle of my thigh. I slowly made my way down stairs to the coffee pot, which is scheduled to start brueing a half hour before I get up, being as groggy as I was, I got a cup, not really paying attention, I began to pour myself some coffee-only there was none. "Shit" I mumbled. The power had gone out last night, so I had no coffee. Just great...
I stepped out side to get the mail, still only in my night gown. I don't give a crap, it's my yard, right? I keyed in, and opened my slot, then locked it not bothering to go through it. I toss the keys and mail on the counter, and check the time. Uhg, I have no time to make coffee, I'll just have to stop by Starbucks on the way to school.
After my shower I dress and grab my binder and pen bag and put them back in my bag from last night's homework, then go look at the mail.
Ooh! I have a letter from Grammy. I ripped it open, she had sent me $20 and a 'thinking of you' card with a kitten playing with yarn on it. I called her up on my cell just then.
"Hello, day" Grammy answered. She's called me day ever since I can remember.
"Hi Grammy! I got your card. I was just about to leave for school and thought I'd give you a call and say thanks." I put the twenty in my pocket and picked up my keys.
"Yeah, sweety I just thought I'd given you something to lighten the blow a bit."
"What do you mean? What's wrong?" I stopped getting ready, more concerned of what my gram had to say.
"There's really no easy way to tell you so I'm just gonna come out and say it. I've been diagnosed with cancer in my lungs, combined with a tumor in my brain. I don't have much time." She said, sorrowful. I heard her cough away from the phone.
"Oh my- Grams! Oh..." I covered my mouth, to stifle my crying and erratic breathing.
"Oh, day. I promise everything will be okay. I'm gonna call you every day at noon exactly untill I go ok? I have accepted the facts already."
"But Grammy!"
"Darla. It will be okay. I want you to be happy for me. Can you do that for me?"
I sniffled and cleared my throat, "I guess, I love you Grammy, you'll call me today right?"
"Yes day, I will. I have to go now, bingo starts in five minutes, have a good day at school darlin."
"I will, so long Grams."
"So long day"
Wow. Today really isn't starting out well. But I have to go or I'm gonna be late for class.

----------~

"I expect those reports on my desk by eight Thursday morning. Class dismissed."
I quickly packed up my things in a hurry to get my lunch and retreat to my car to wait for Grams call.
"Darla, can you come here a moment?" Mr. Tang spoke, clearing his throat.
Rats! "Yes professor?"
"Your dad called and wanted me to congratulate you on your performance in class. I presume with a little more work you will be sending out head shots and sample photos in no time. Keep up the good work."
"Thank you, have a good rest of the day."
"You to, bye."
"Bye."
I rushed to the cafeteria to get my lunch, I just bought a sandwich and an Apple with a bottle of water. As I got in my car and turned my phone on I noticed a cute guy watching me from the smoking area. I smiled and waved at him, but he hastily put out his smoke and stalked off. That's unusual. My phone then rang, scaring me. I quickly answered.
"Hey Grammy."
"Hey day"
We chatted for awhile about how school was going. Turns out my mom was there to be with Grams and she said hi. I did my best not to cry, but I had a few moments. Then I had to go cause I had a class a 1:10 and I couldn't be late cause I've already been, twice now. We said so long, as we never say good bye. Then I got my out fit out of the trunk. I was studying to be a professional model and part time actor. It was my dream to be a model but I also have a passion for theatre.
The rest of the day went by smoothly. I stopped by at my friends house to work on our project, then an hour later picked up groceries and headed home. It took me awhile to put the food away, then I did the small amount of dishes that were in the sink. I made dinner and watched a few of my shows on Netflix. After another round of dishes I started my homework. But I still had heavy shoulders from the bad news of the day. I decided to do my homework tomorrow as class wouldn't start till 10:00. My morning professor went into labor a few days ago and they are looking for a substitute. I went to bed early with a lot bothering me, not ready to start all over again tomorrow.

(A/N) just so you know I plan on writing my chapters about this long. Just like in novels and good books. So I hope you like, the updates may be slow but they will be long. Thanks for reading. Please comment and let me know what I can do better. :)