Chapter 32

Niall's P.O.V.

A delayed flight on top of the shit I idiotically got myself sucked in, made me feel even worse than I already did. I mean it wasn't my fault our flight got delayed, but it only added to the ever growing stress strewing itself throughout my body. Not even three cups of coffee managed to kill, or at least soothe, the pounding headache of mine.  Two hours following our originally scheduled flight, we were finally notified that we could board the plane. Apparently there were a few technical issues, and then, immediately following that, the pilot got sick. In all my years of traveling and touring the globe, I've experienced my fair share of delayed flights and such. Today, it annoyed me to no end because Aubrey was giving me the silent treatment, and it only made me feel worse and worse by the minute. Definitely not the way I imagined mine and Aubrey's first vacation together to be like.

Thinking back to yesterday, I cursed myself over a thousand times for being so stupid to willingly take Aubrey to the exact boutique Mia worked at. When Aubrey ran into her for the first time, I didn't really think much of it or worry about it because the chances of running into her again one were slim to none. Everyone went to the grocery store, so I couldn't really have avoided that encounter. Yesterday, though, I definitely could have prevented that entire encounter. At the same time, I hated not giving Aubrey what she wanted. She rarely ever acted that way in front of me, especially about something as simplistic as a clothing item. It was for that reason, I couldn't help but give in.

Once my mind confirmed that it was indeed Mia standing there, talking to Aubrey, I wanted the ground to crack open and swallow me whole. I knew that their second encounter wasn't going to end well, and I sure as well was right. Here, we are, less than twenty-four hours later, on our way to Greece, with my girlfriend glaring at me and not saying a single word to me.

Our little argument in the street didn't last very long actually. I didn't want to cause a scene out there, especially where Mia could see it. I knew she'd more than enjoy that. I told Aubrey that Mia and I had history, but I never fully developed feelings for her. For about a half hour, she seemed content with that answer up until we arrived back at my flat. Being the persistent person she is, she continued to pry for more information by asking me ridiculous questions. At that point, I was already beyond frustrated and angry with myself, I couldn't stand to hear one more word about Mia. In turn, I sort of blew up on Aubrey, which led this awkward tension between us.

Adam sat between the two of us, while an uncomfortable silence loomed over the plane's atmosphere. Seated in first class, the seats weren't connected to one another, but instead individually separated. There were three, automated leather recliner chairs in each row on here. I sat in the one farthest to the right, Adam in the middle, and Aubrey on the complete opposite side. I snuck a glance over at her; she looked beautiful per usual. Even when she's mad at me, I couldn't deny how flawless she looked. Her head laid against the clear window of the plane, the corners of her lips twitching upwards every now and then.

"Can I get you anything to drink, sir?" The flight attendant asked me. I shook my head, not having a thirst or appetite for anything. I looked over at Adam, who's focus remained on his iPad. "Adam, ya want anythin' t' eat 'r drink?" I asked him, breaking his attention away from whatever his attention was on.

"A smoothie if they have them," he answered. We both looked up at the flight attendant, who nodded her head in response before going on to list the flavored they offered.

"Strawberry-banana sounds good," Adam replied. Nodding her head, the flight attendant walked back towards the back door and disappeared behind the cream white door. Adam locked his iPad, placing the device in his lap, and turned his attention to me.

"So did you two have a fight?" He bluntly asked me. Both my eyebrows rose at how he could have even guessed that, but then again this was his sister we were talking about. I'm sure he grew accustomed to his sister's random and crazy mood swings over the past few years.