Chapter 1

Aubrey's P.O.V.

Three years later

Colors of creamy ivory, pale pink, and light grey illuminated my vision as I stood at the front of the church, in front of at least five hundred people. My eyes trailed away from the fixed stares aimed at me, and towards my hair that was tightly curled at the ends. Each piece was loosely curled in a way that made my hair seem naturally wavy yet sophisticated at the same time. Hairspray fumes could be picked up by nostrils despite the insane amount of perfume I doused myself in this morning.

Familiar musical notes continued to erupt from the black glossy piano adjacent to center of the church, otherwise known as the alter. White ceramic vases,each filled with white calla lilies, pink peonies and garden roses, brought life to the hall with the vibrant bursts of whites and pink. Simple decorations adorned the indoor "gazebo" adding to the joyful atmosphere. Reverend Abraham adjusted his glasses for what seemed to be the fifth time within the last ten minutes. Anxiousness set in as soon as he flipped open his small, brown leather book and began reciting what I had heard over a hundred times this past month.

As Reverend Abraham babbled off all this traditional wedding talk, my eyes trailed back up, past the crowd, and to Victorian-like doors that separated the bride to be from the crowd anxiously awaiting her arrival. Seconds later, the customary bridal song filled the church as the doors were pushed open and revealing the most gorgeous bride there ever could be: my best friend,Lauren. Dressed in a perfectly fitting creamy white, mermaid style dress she kept her gaze locked on the theme matching flower bouquet that was tightly held between her slender fingers. Her entire face was hidden by the white sheer veil which was held back by the many rhinestone hair pins plucked into her golden hair.

Small glimpses of her profile could be caught the closer she stepped to the alter where I, the maid of honor, along with the other bridesmaids stood. Across from me, between Reverend Abraham and I, stood the groom: Lauren's high school sweetheart, Ryan. Contrary to all of my beliefs, the two stuck together through thick and thin all these years, and now they were getting married. Lauren walked closer and closer to us, while at the same time Ryan's smile became wider and wider; definitely the most heart melting sight I have ever witnessed.

Upon reaching the alter, Lauren excitedly beamed at me through her veil before turning towards her soon to be husband. Ryan's chocolate brown eyes seemed to nearly pop out as soon as he removed her veil. Even though I wasn't directly between them, I could picture all the love that they were deeply staring at each other with. Both of them deserved the best, and that was exactly what they got.

"You may now kiss the bride," Reverend Abraham stated as he closed his little book. Once the last word left his mouth, Ryan pulled Lauren into his arms and they shared one of the most innocent kisses I had ever witnessed them share. Applause erupted from the crowd along with loud cheers and whistles, and of course the occasional sniffled and cries of the heart-touched mothers.

"Mr. and Mrs. Hudson" filled the room the minute Ryan and Lauren interlocked arms and began their way down the aisle. I could feel myself tearing up as I watched my best friend explode with happiness on her day. She deserved this beyond comprehension, and I was more than grateful to be by her side on this special day.

"Hey, you alright?" His voice broke me out of my thoughts. Turning around, I came face to face with the person who was there for me when no one else wasn't. He put up with every single mood swing that took control of my mind, wiped away every tear that fell from my eyes, and held me close when I felt all alone. Simply put, Pete put me back together, not fully, but it was better than nothing.

"Yeah, just tears of joy," I chuckled before flashing him a smile. In his jet black dress suit, I couldn't contain the small grin that tugged at my lips. Hand in hand, we walked into the garden area where the after party was set to take place. From the looks of it, the party was already in full swing with the bride and groom already dancing their hearts out in the center of the party while all their relatives surrounded them.