You Got A Fast Car - 1

Hey Everyone! This is my first novel on wattpad but I have been reading for many years! I am so excited to finally start sharing my work with you all! 

I have a lot of opinions. Much like Cassidy.  I don't like the idea of being an Alpha purely by chance/ birthright. Or getting to boss everyone around while you have an ego the size of Antarctica! I personally would not be able to live in a pack like that!

I also don't like extreme gender stereotypes eg. like the alpha must not show weakness except when they have a major emotional outburst. That's just unhealthy. 

Idk about you but I don't want a moody temperamental, a*shole for a mate... I also don't like when the female dreams of a man her whole life and all her happiness and self-worth depends on his love. Just no. 

These opinions have accumulated and manifested into me deciding to write this novel! I'm playing around with gender roles and what I imagine the werewolf world to be. It's a little bit different and I am still trying to figure it out, but stick with me and I promise it will be worth it :)

Without further adieu.....

Chapter 1:

He was driving down the highway in his car, fast. A familiar sense of euphoria built inside Liam as he the hot breeze hit his face and dishevelled his hair. The wind was like a drug to him, he could feel it whooshing through his ears, reminding him of high tide, he could listen and feel its sweet music every day. Usually, he was very particular about his hair, but this feeling of exhilaration was precious and irreplaceable. He could only gain a similar feeling from running through the woods. Liam knew the sensation was fleeting and he knew that as soon as he reached suburbia he would need to slow down, but the adrenaline pumping through his veins made him fearless.

                                         _________________________________________

"Slow down Asshole!"

 Cassidy screamed with all her might. It was pointless. She knew he wouldn't have heard her, she doubted he had the same heightened sense of hearing her werewolf abilities gave her. That didn't stop her from trying. Nothing did.  It was part of her daily routine, every day she was able to, she had at least tried to reprimand the driver in some way. It almost felt like a ritual. Releasing stress and pent-up anger on the speeding car had become a part of her. Like reverse meditation. Cassidy had even noticed that around the time it usually whizzed past, her head would involuntarily turn or something within her would stir. 

She would see the red flash past her. It was her instinctual side, showing through. This part of her routine was usually when she had to leave for work, 8:45. Often, however, she missed the car completely. She, of course, couldn't expect the rest of the world to be as punctual as she was.

She hadn't actually seen who was behind the steering wheel but she had deducted certain things about her morning irritation.

-He was a man, no explanation needed.

-He liked flamboyant and flashy things,  I mean the car was bright red!

-the driver was reckless and had serious issues.

The car moved so fast that it took her a full week before she could see quickly enough to memorize the number plate. As soon as she did, complaining had been at the top of her to-do list, written in bold and in red. Matching the colour of the vehicle and her growing anger. The memo was written at the peak of her ferocity, it was imprinted in her brain, digging at her at random moments of the day.