Chapter Eighteen : Another Challenge

Start from the beginning

The phone rang, signaling that he received it. He took out his phone, unlocked it and immediately read it. I knew because I heard him snort.

"I know someone's here. This is sick, what game do you think your playing right now?" He said in a disgusted manner. "It's not cool barging into other's houses, especially mine. And who do you think you are saying that your my mate? Huh! You think I don't know what happen to her! But I do and it's been real fun pretending she's alive and well, when in reality she's lying in a coma. Hanging onto dear life for the past three weeks."

I could hear a bit of hurt laced into Jett's words. My whole heart and body wanted to just wrap him into my arms, but I couldn't. Not until everything is cleared with Luna. Which is why I'm telling Jett about this now, rather than later.

"You have three second before I come and kill you." He spoke in a low and deadly manner as he stepped closer to where I was.

I folded my hands together, hoping that he would understand.

"One." Jett said and silence befell the room again.

How do you just tell someone about the goddess giving you a secret mission to kill a person you know and their test subjects? Well I guess it shouldn't be too hard right? After all I did fall for a werewolf, and according to most humans that's just a silly fable.

But that fable just so happens to be my reality. And let me just say, it's not as easy as the books make it seem like. Oh no, it's a lot harder but totally worth it.

"Two." I closed my eyes as Jett stood right in front of the closet doors. I could hear his breathing as his wolf probably was on the verge of taking over.

The closet doors were quickly opened and my eyes opened as they did.

"Three." I said as I stood looking at Jett, who's canines were out as well as his monstrous claws that were ready to take out my throat any second.

Jett fell back as he questioned my entire presence.

"How?" He whispered as I stepped closer to him. "No, this isn't real. You're in a coma."

"Perhaps, but I can say one thing." I pointed down at his necklace he's given me. "I never took this off. Even when I was shot."

"That." Jett pointed at the key. "Was never found." He spoke a tone that indicated his confusion.

"It was never found, because I never actually died." I took another step closer and his gaze fell to the floor. "Right now, as you said, I'm fighting between life and death. I'll come back into the world if I complete a mission."

"Mission? What mission." He said and then paused as he shook his head. "You know what McKenna. I don't care, because your not doing it."

I stared at him in disbelief as he met my eyes.

"What? What do you mean I can't do it!" I shouted at him. "Why because it's dangerous?"

"That's exactly why I don't want you doing it." He admitted and I turned my back to him as I walked back and forward.

"That's not for you to decided Jett." I stated in a tone with just as much authority as he had. "It's mine and that decision has already been made, without you. Whether you like it or not, I don't give a shit. But you will respect it."

My finger that I pointed at him was a few inches from his face and he didn't like my tone.

"And who are you to order me, the Alpha of this pack around. Huh?" He replied with a snarl. I rolled my eyes as I was fighting the urge to spit in his face.