Chapter Two : No Way

After devouring my delicious breakfast, I washed the dishes since it was apart of my deal to work as a maid.

I didn't mind doing the chores because it wasn't hard nor did it consume a lot of my time.

I actually finished cleaning both the kitchen and bathrooms while Jacob made phone calls.

"It's finished!" I yelled out as I smiled promisingly at accomplishing my mission.

"Great because we are going to go shopping for you right now." I tilted my head in confusion.

"Apparently the pack is having a party for the big bad Alpha Black. Which means I'll have to introduce you as my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend? Why not as a maid?" I asked and he smiled down at me.

"Because you are not a maid to me, you are a friend who is a girl." Ah, I understand now.

"Just be sure you know that the girlfriend I am has a space between girl and friend." He laughed at me, but I was both serious and playful.

I knew that yes, Jacob is attractive and I do know that he is my type. But for some odd reason I feel that we'd be better off as friends than lovers.

"You ready?" I nodded my head yes as I walked by his side towards the garage.

I had changed my clothes into a simple outfit of a light lilac dress and some nude heels. Within about five minutes of after talking to Jake.

We currently were sitting in his white Range Rover, that he loves so much. In a way it reminded me of the way Bill treasured his stupid televisions. That bastard got what he deserved.

"What theme or feel is tonight's party?" I glanced over, asking Jake as he drove the car.

"Ah shit." He spoke. Did he really forget to ask? I let out a giggle as he rubbed his temples.

"Can't you just ask someone..."My voice trailed off when I heard that he was already asking someone through thin air.

Wait how is that even possible?

"Tonight is going to be a formal dinner party. So I guess your going to look like a princess." I smiled at his cute tone of voice as he told me.

"It's a good thing I can walk in heels." This little comment made him laugh, and boy did it sound adorable.

"You wouldn't be surprise on how many she-wolves can't even manage to do that." Ah that reminds me about the question from earlier.

"How were able to ask your question without using a phone but through thin air?" My mind was practically was dying to know.

"As I told you before I am the Beta of this pack of wolves, so I'm able to mind link anyone and everyone just as the Alpha can." I formed an O with my mouth and he cracked a smile.

"So telekinesis?" He shook his head.

"Nope. Just mind link." He popped the P and I stopped from questioning him anymore.

Jacob pulled into a random parking spot and killed the Range Rovers engine. We hopped out and started out shopping adventure.

***

"What are you? Grandmas old pillow case from the dollar store?" Jake shook his head at me and told me to change out of what looked like a cute dress, but turned out to be a disaster.

"Fine! But this dress will be the last!" I warned Jacob and he's mean fashionista side.

Walking back towards the dressing room I couldn't help but wonder if I could manage to fit in with a whole bunch of these wolves?