Chapter Twenty: Hufflepuffs Are the Party Throwers

"My acres of land that I have achieved, it may be hard for you to stop and believe but for you, oh for you I'd leave it all."- George Ezra: Budapest

Chapter Twenty: Hufflepuffs Are the Party Throwers

The door of the closet opened to show Lily standing there with her mouth gaping. Of course, I was no better as I was simply staring at James in a mixture of awe, and disbelief. I, and various people from Fleur D'lis, never expected this to happen to me. Of course, in Fleur D'lis I was a bookworm, and I stayed out of the way, but the mindset never really left, I suppose.

"Good on ya, mate!" Sirius said slapping James back, as Remus came over to give much less violent congratulations. Of course, Lily and I still hadn't said anything, let alone moved from our position that we assumed moments ago. I could understand Lily's awe, as James had been bugging her about a date since the first day at Hogwarts, and now he was professing his love to someone else.

"So are you guys dating now?" Lily grinned with excitement, and Prongs looked over at me with a smirk before speaking in a slightly deeper tone of voice.

"So what do you say, Primrose? Are we dating?" I rolled my eyes at his voice change, and replied.

"Well, to be dating, I think you actually have to have gone on a date. So maybe you should take me out first, and then we can talk." I smirked, and Sirius chimed in.

"They're definitely going to do more than just talk. Get some, Prongs!" I glared, light-heartedly, at Sirius.

"At least he gets some, Pads. Or have you asked Lily out?" I responded, and Sirius mumbled a quiet "touché".

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The next day was refreshing. It had been the first drama-less day we've had since a few weeks ago, and everyone was that much happier. James and Sirius sat alongside Remus planning the Marauder's next prank at the Gryffindor table. Lily and I were sitting across from them, eating our lunch, with Emmaline talking about the last potions essay we turned in this morning.

"Did you do the essay on Amortentia or Verita Serum, Fiz?" Emma asked me, just as I had put a forkful of rice in my mouth. I raised my index figure as I rushed to finish chewing, before speaking.

"I knew a lot of people would pick it, but I chose to do it on Amortentia because Slughorn said whichever one was picked the most would be the one we'd all attempt in class, and I'd rather we didn't have to use Verita Serum on each other." Emmaline then asked Lily which one she picked.

"I chose the same as Fizzy. What about you, Em?" she replied, and Emmaline said she chose Verita Serum as she thought it was harder to make. However, out trains of thought were caught off by a powder bomb exploding at the Slytherin table. As we turned around to see the commotion we saw forty Slytherins coated in Gryffindor-Red powder. James stood up.

"See you guys on the Quidditch Pitch!" he shouted at the Slytherins, before Remus and Sirius pulled him down. Surprisingly, there were no repercussions from the teachers, which was most likely because this was one of the least harmful pranks they had pulled in a while, and for that they were glad. "So what'd you think, Primrose?" he asked, smirking at me, while leaning on the table.

"It lacked a little flare. For example," I started, as I took a powder bomb out of my pocket, and rolled it under the Slytherin table. Seconds later it exploded in a cloud of gold dust, and McGonagall glared at us. "Red and Gold are Gryffindor colours, after all." James merely laughed, and Sirius spoke.

"Nice one, Jelle!" We all looked at him like he was crazy. "Well, you guys need a couple names, at least according to any girl younger than us, so you guys can make it up yourselves." He huffed. I laughed, while mock comforting him.

"Awe, Pads, at least you tried." Lily agreed with Sirius, before adding her own input.

"Well, you guys call each other what everyone else calls you, so it seems like you guys are just really close instead of actually dating."

"I guess we're dating, James." I replied, looking at James, and smiling slightly while blushing. James stood up on the bench again, and I looked down in fear of what he was going to say next.

"She said yes!" he shouted, as everyone erupted in cheers. I blushed considerably harder.

"Sit down, Deer."I hissed, while he placed his hand over his heart.

"That was going to be my nickname for you! You stole it! Give it back, Doe." He replied.

"Hey, Doe-A-Deer, can you please tone down the banter, as I want to cringe at how cute you are." Emmaline spoke, and everyone laughed, before Sirius spoke again.

"Doe-A-Deer it is."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

News was circling around the school about the annual Hufflepuff Valentine's Day party rather quickly, and James had already asked me, promising it would be our first date. I replied with a witty remark about how parties are hardly intimate, which caused him to promise there would be some intimacy to look forward to. This caused me to slap his arm, and Remus joked about how James was already whipped, and we'd just started dating.

Life was perfect for once, and I hoped nothing would change, practically praying for no more drama this year. Well, I suppose I was quite naïve at this point. But that's another story.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

~ Belle x