Chapter Fourteen: It's F*cking Red

"Such a funny thing for me to try and explain; how I'm feeling and my pride is the one to blame. 'Cuz I know I don't understand, just how your love can do and no one else's can."-Beyoncé: Crazy in Love

I woke up to someone furiously shaking me, ending with me rolling onto the floor to escape the rude visitor. "Come on, Belle! We have to get going if we're going to make it for the nine o'clock carriages to Hogsmeade." Marlene shouted, and I replied with a groan. Today, though it was supposed to be relaxing, was going to be stressful. Oh the irony.

I got up off of the cold cobblestoned-floor, and looked at the outfit Lily had sorted out for me last night; a big light pink cashmere sweater, black leggings, a white tank-top, and some brown boots. However girly it was, I had promised no to complain, so I did just that and put on the outfit without a fuss.

I twisted my hair into a waterfall braid, which would sit on my left side, and left my face bare without any trace of makeup. We were going to be getting facials after all, and whatever makeup I would have put on would be gone in about four hours anyways.

Sensing the girls were going to be a few more minutes, I grabbed my brown leather bag, and headed down to the common room, telling Alice where I was in case they didn't know I had left.

Upon my arrival, I had noticed Remus sitting on the loveseat near the fire, and went to sit beside him. Noticing he seemed far happier than usual, as Grey had done quite a number on him, I questioned him. "So, you and Emmaline, huh?" I winked, and smiled at the light dusting of blush that had appeared on his cheeks.

"That obvious, huh?" he asked. I shook my head and laughed.

"Not really, but I hoped you two would get together. Call it, friend-intuition." I replied, causing him to laugh, and begin to tease me.

"Oh so that's the reason you introduced us!" he replied and I laughed replying with 'Totally!'

Before I knew it, Lily, Marlene, Alice, and Molly had come downstairs and were dragging me out of the door as I screamed 'Save me, Remus!' much to his amusement. We had met up with Emmaline in the line up to Hogsmeade, and we were finally there. So much for a travelling montage.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Upon exiting the carriages, which only sat four people, so Emmaline, Lily, Marlene, and I sat in one, and Molly, Arthur, Alice, and Frank sat in the other, Emmaline and I linked arms and turned to Marlene and Lily to lead us to buy our dresses. Marlene and Lily linked arms, as Alice and Molly bid Adieu to their boyfriends, and lead us to Forever Twenty-Witch.

Upon our arrival to the store, we were greeted by two saleswomen who immediately started getting our sizes and ushered us into change rooms to wait for their dress suggestions. In a mere five minutes the saleswoman who had taken my size, whose name is actually Kelsey, returned with six options of dresses for me, and handed them to me through a small opening in the door.

The first dress I tried on was all wrong. The light purple and ruffles did nothing for my skin tone and lack of curves, and the colour wasn't even relatively close to being able to have deemed it lavender. So all in all, the first dress wasn't even worth getting the other girls opinions on.

The next three were just as tragic as the first. One was a poufy-lemony-coloured thing, another was a blood orange (A/N: its f*cking red) loose-fitting dress that only went down to my knees, and the last was a horrible trash colour. It doesn't even need to be explained further.

The next dress, I had decided, wasn't too bad. It was a light pink colour, which matched my sweater, strapless, and pooled out at my waistline. All in all, it wasn't a bad pick. Deciding I could use the girls' opinion, I opened the door to see them all waiting with what dresses they had chosen.

"Ooh! That one's cute!" cooed Lily, only for Marlene to look at her in half disgust.

"It's too light for her skin tone." She said to Lily before turning to me, "Between that and how light your hair is, the dress will just wash you out. Try a darker one." Marlene suggested. I nodded and went back into the change room for the last dress.

In my opinion, the last dress was perfect. It was kind of like finding the perfect fit of shoes, or acing a math test. It just complemented me perfectly. It had straps, to make up for the next-to-no cleavage that I had, and a corset, which let the fabric pool out at the tops of my hips. It was a lovely cerulean blue and was dark enough as to not wash out my skin tone.

As I exited the change room the girls all said in unison, "Perfect."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Belle x