Chapter Eighteen: Remus Might Be One of My BFFs

"She hid it 'round corners, and she hid it under beds. She killed it with kisses, and from it she fled. With every bubble she sank with her drink, and washed it away down the kitchen sink."- Florence + The Machine: Dog Days Are Over

Chapter Eighteen: Remus Might Be One of My BFFs

I buried my face into the cream knitted blanket and groaned, still sniffling from the night before. My eyes stung. Surprisingly, one can cry all of their tears out, and unsurprisingly, it sucks. Being this upset isn't the worst thing that's ever happened to me, however, I could've sworn I had felt one of my heart strings snap (A/N: this is actually physically possible.), and it wasn't the most pleasant feeling.

Today happened to be New Year's Day, which was a Hogsmeade day for anyone who was at the school, as they could spend the extra money they'd been sent for Christmas. I, however, stayed at Hogwarts, giving Lily the instructions to come back with candy from Honeyduke's for me. She only agreed giving I would pay her back, to which I gave her fifteen galleons and told her to go knuts.

Yesterday I spent the entire day with the Marauders pretending that I was okay with the fact James only wanted to be friends. They all believed I was happy again, and we spent a good portion of the night planning a prank on Slughorn, because he had given Sirius and James detention about a month ago for spilling a Forgetfulness Draught in class. The draught had managed to make three Hufflepuff girls forget everything, and they were all rushed to the Hospital Wing for medical assistance. In my opinion, the detention was well deserved, but I didn't want them to get hurt by something going wrong.

Today, I decided, I would go to the common room, in my pajamas and wrapped in the knitted blanket, and read romance novels, while eating Fizzing Whizzbee's. So about fifteen minutes later, I had found myself curled up in a recliner, the one James had used, munching on candy, and sipping on the butter beer a house elf had given me. She was quite nice, and her name was Glitter. I had to remember to research something that house elves like, so I could thank her properly later.

Just as I had gotten to the part where Katie had gotten to the shop for the first time, I noticed someone clearing their throat.

"Hello, Remus. Why aren't you at Hogsmeade?" I questioned, popping another candy into my mouth, and setting my book down after marking the page.

"I could ask you the same thing, Belle." He said, and I rolled my eyes, mumbling "touché" under my breath. Remus sat down on the loveseat beside my chair, and patted the seat next to him.

"What's wrong? You weren't yourself yesterday." Remus said, as I moved to sit beside him, still wrapped in my blanket. Apparently I'm not as good of an actress as I had thought.

"It's just, you can't tell him this," I started, and Remus motioned zipping his lips, "the whole 'Just Friends' thing with James." Remus laughed.

"He said that to you? That he wanted to just be friends?" Remus questioned, holding back laughter. I nodded. "Well it's probably because he doesn't know how you feel." He finished.

"Well that's just it. I do like him in a romantic-interest way. I don't want to be just friends with him." I said, into Remus' shoulder, cuddling him, which is basically a reoccurrence. We cuddle a lot.

"I honestly believe he doesn't want to be just friends with you, either. He probably is just being scared. He never got this far with Lily, and this kind of thing is as new with him as it is with you. Everything will work out, in the end. If it doesn't, well, it isn't the end yet." He said, speaking words of wisdom (A/N: my references need to stop.)

"Ugh, Remmy, you're such a good friend. How are things going with you and Emma, by the way?" I questioned, watching him blush. I laughed at his red face, and he responded.

"Well, I've written her, and we'll be going on the next Hogsmeade trip together." He replied, his demeanor showing he was, in fact, flustered about the whole topic.

"Awe, Remmy!" I squealed pinching his cheeks, and he swatted my hands away. "I'm so happy for you guys. You guys are perfect for each other. But, if you ever hurt my Emmaline, I will hurt you." I said, going from a light conversation to a heavier one between a few sentences. Remus only laughed.

"You have my word." He responded light heartedly. What the two of us didn't know, until a few days later, is that a certain messy-haired Gryffindor had come back from Hogsmeade early to surprise me with Honeyduke's. Only, he stumbled upon Remus and I cuddling on the couch and came up with the worst conclusion. James Potter thought Remus John Lupin and I were dating.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
.

~Belle x