Chapter Fifteen: Oh the Choices We've Made

"Say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset, babe."- Taylor Swift: Wildest Dreams

The blue dress hugged my small torso, while pooling out at my waist. It was safe to say, now of course, as I can't do anything about it, that I had made the right choice for my dress. I had worried about showing too much cleavage but after Marlene had said "You can never show too much cleavage," and Lily's assurance that it was fine; I had accepted the lovely gown.

Lily twisted and pulled at my hair, attempting to sort it in a beautiful up do, while Marlene used her muggle makeup to sort out my face. We had our nails done yesterday, Marlene suggested I get french nails, and had gotten facials, so my normally soft skin was even softer.

After what I had assumed was likely an hour, which Lily had assured me was only fifteen minutes, I had looked at myself in our vanity mirror. Lily had curled my hair before pulling it up into an elegant and complex bun, leaving some pieces out to frame my face. Marlene, however, went for a more natural look. She put foundation on my face, with bronzer and blush, so my face looked dewy, pairing my relatively no-makeup eyes with a nude lipstick.

"Thank you guys!" I said, turning to Lily and Marlene and hugging them both at once. Marlene, who didn't really like hugging, pushed me off after a few seconds, and I let go of Lily a couple seconds later. They both looked beautiful. Marlene's hair was pulled into a sleek ponytail, and pinned into place with a diamond studded clip. Her black dress was snug on her torso, which accented her curves, and fell straight to the floor where it met her dazzling silver heels. Lily had chosen a beautiful emerald dress, which had a sweetheart neckline, and pooled out at her waist. She had paired it with black heels, and a silver crystal necklace. Her hair, which stood out do to the right kind of contrasting, was left down in curls, with a few pieces pulled back to give her a crown.

"You guys look beautiful!" said Emmaline, who had just walked in with Alice. We had all said quiet "thank yous", and had determined that it was time.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The common room was where all of the dates had gathered to await their princesses for the night. Alice had gone down the stairs first, to be met with the arms of her boyfriend around her waist. He had whispered sweet nothings in her ear as they had prepared to leave the room with one of Frank's friends and their date.

Emmaline was next, and Remus had never looked so blissful. Her purple dress flowed out as she walked, and her normally crazy blonde hair was pulled into an elegant fishtail braid. Marlene had come down, as Emma had met up with Remus, and linked arms with a buff Ravenclaw Quidditch player. I think he was a beater, but I could never truly remember.

Lily was next, and boy, did everyone turn their heads to look at her. Who could blame them? The red haired beauty was stunning, and everyone knew it. However, the only person that didn't turn to see Lily was one James Potter as I had walked down the stairs a few seconds after her. He was absolutely awestruck, as if he was seeing me for the first time, and I relished in his gaze. I was brought out of my thoughts by Sirius, who had swaggered over to me, and slipped a white rose around my wrist.

"You clean up nice, Primrose." He said and I smirked, looking at the black tuxedo he sported, and the matching white rose.

"So do you, Black."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The ball had turned out to be quite fun, even though I hadn't gotten to go with who I really wanted to. Sirius and I had danced our way through the Great Hall, and met up with the other Marauders for refreshments about halfway through the night.

Remus, who hadn't noticed the punch was in fact spiked, was now laughing at almost everything Sirius said, and was quite clingy to an equally drunk Emma. Sirius had his arm around my waist, and was uncharacteristically not touching my butt. We were all quite happy to be honest, and we'd all gotten even happier when the DJ had announced that we'd be switching partners for the next slow song.

In a quick array of hands grabbing wrists, James had grabbed my hand, and pulled me onto the dance floor for the waltz. Somehow, our steps were coordinated, and we glided across the floor gracefully. He stretched out his arm, guiding me in a turn, and once I turned back, I was pulled even closer to him than I was before.

"You look stunning tonight, Primrose." He said while gently swaying our arms to the beat. James was wearing an outfit quite similar to Sirius', the only difference being the red rose, and green tie.

"And you look dapper, Potter." I said with a laugh, as I was directed into another turn. The dance went on in much of the same way; various twists, turns, and gracefully gliding in time with the music. As the song came to an end, I was met with a final turn, and spun into a cleverly orchestrated dip, and the flashing of a Polaroid camera held by Sirius. For a few moments, there was nobody else in the Great Hall except for us. Nothing but out laughter, small talk, and the beautiful orchestra, but as all good things do, the moment came to an abrupt end when the DJ suggested we all return to our original dates.

Sirius had excused himself to go to the washroom, which I politely declined his invitation to go with him, and I left the ballroom to get a breath of fresh air.

Since the first floor was rather crowded, I had made my way to the third floor, and onto a balcony that overlooked the Black Lake. The stars seemed as though they were in alignment, and everything seemed tranquil. I felt infinite. Complete. Limitless.

Of course, if there is one thing about me, it's that I often speak too soon.

"We meet again, Primrose." said the ghastly voice of the one and only Bellatrix Black.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

A/N: hi again! I would like to thank you all for your well wishes, and continued support on Fate!,

Belle x