Chapter Nine: Game On, B!tches

"Where are you, and I'm so sorry. I cannot sleep, I cannot dream tonight. I need somebody and always, this sick strange darkness comes creeping on so haunting every time." - Blink 182: I Miss You

"What does she mean you all wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you?" questioned James. Great job, Athena.

You know that silence that happens when a sentence is finished and it's like the world has never been more silent? That silence that it seems like everyone was put on mute and pause, all stopping what they're doing to look at you? Yeah, that's basically what had happened in this moment.

"What she meant was"-think fast, think fast, Isabelle- "I was the one who enrolled us in the school. We would've still been at Fleur d'lis if it wasn't for me. She's probably a bit homesick." I said, saving myself from Athena's unintentional blow. James thought for a minute, before finally speaking.

"Oh. So I guess you're the leader in a way." He said, as everyone went back to doing what they were doing, and we all continued in step down the hall. I shrugged off his comment with a simple 'well, I wouldn't call myself a leader.'

The conversation quickly changed to Quidditch, as I prided myself for my quick thinking. It could've gone a lot worse than that.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Later that day only served the purpose to show that though it seems bad, it can get much worse. To paint the picture, I was sitting in Charms, the front row because I felt like it today, when Lilly and Athena had decided it would be funny to hex my ink, spilling it all down my front.

In the next class, Lilly hexed my bag to have a rip in it, so when I picked up my bag with all of my stuff in it, the bag let everything fall out. It's a good thing that I'm sort of a professional at the repairing charm. Thank the gods for me being clumsy.

This only got worse, with more girls joining in, and eventually, most of the female population was attacking me with hexes and jinxes. By dinner time, I was both mentally and physically exhausted. Ink was spilled down my front, and my bag looked messily stitched with white thread, while it happened to be brown leather. I huffed sitting down next to Lily, who was already talking about something that James did today to Marlene and Alice.

"Oh my gods, what happened to you?" Marlene said, slightly loudly. Well, loud enough to get the Marauders attention. Well three out of the four marauders, as Remus was nowhere to be found.

"Just ninety percent of our grades female population, I'd say." I retorted, as I poured myself some water, adding a green tea teabag. I put my head between my hands as Lily had begun to remove the stain from my shirt and tie.

"What did they say now?" Alice inquired, eating some of the salad she had on her plate. I respect her for eating salad but where is the pizza for moments like this?

"What do you mean, what did they say now?" I responded confused about what she had meant by they, and now.

"Oh Lilly and Athena have been saying quite atrocious things behind your back for weeks, well it seems like it anyways. Bunch of twit b!tches if you ask me." Marlene retorted, sipping on her pumpkin juice with a straw. Which begs the question, where did she even get that straw? "Here," she said handing me a straw, "You said that aloud, and the reason I'm using one is because it makes me feel like a bad arse after talking sh!t about someone." She continued. I took it, and shrugged.

I suppose you can tell if a person talks behind your back if they talk sh!t about other people behind their backs to you. Regardless, to Athena and Lilly, game on, b!tches.