Chapter Twelve: James Dean Daydream

"So don't forget who's taking you home, and in whose arms you're going to be, so darling, save the last dance for me." -Michael Bublé: Save the Last Dance for Me

To say that there was a buzz between girls about the Yule Ball would be an understatement. With merely two weeks until the ball, girls were going haywire in order to attract a date. Even Emma and Lily.

"But do I look okay, Belle?" Emma asked for the fifth time, standing in front of the mirror in the third floor washroom. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Yes, Emma, I've told you a thousand times today that you look beautiful, and Remus would be lucky to go to the ball with you." I said smirking.

"I've told you a thousand and one times that I don't like Remus, Isabelle! And sorry that everyone isn't as pretty as you," she started looking at me and smirking, "James would be lucky to go to the ball with you." She finished, earning a high five from Lily, who had just finished washing her hands, and fixing her hair in the mirror. Lily breathed in loudly, and I cut her off before she spoke.

"Yes, Sirius will think you look absolutely dazzling, can we go to History of Magic now?" I asked, slightly annoyed because of Lily and Emmaline talking about how they needed to be asked out by the boys and they couldn't just ask them to the ball because that would be scandalous. The girls huffed, but complied leaving us to exit the washroom and head down the main corridor.

Upon reaching the main foyer for the third floor it was clear that the vanity mayhem had not only affected the fifth years, and nearly everyone was attempting to flirt with their Prince Charming. Girls twirled their hair between two fingers, bit their bottom, cherry-coloured, lips, and winked at passing potential-dates. It was almost as though they were competing for potential-husbands, but it didn't really work that way. Did it?

Despite the over-emotional girls, and some boys, it was rather peaceful. There happened to be less fights going on, and all in all the date-fever did better for the schools moral rather than not. However, just as I had made that statement in my head, I noticed Sirius attempting to get away from a furious Athena. Sirius pushed through various couples, who were quite angry at him disrupting their flirting, and made it within four feet of me before Athena caught up.

"What do you mean you want to break up?" Athena shouted enraged at her former companion. Sirius looked stunned but quickly covered it up by putting his hands up in a mock surrender.

"I didn't even know we were dating in the first place! I don't generally date, anyways. Remus just thought I should clear up the tension just in case." He said, attempting to push the blame on a glaring Remus. Athena only got worse, and began whacking him with her potions textbook.

"I already have my date for the Yule Ball! How am I supposed to find a date this late in the game?" she whined, attempting puppy-dog eyes at Sirius, which he merely coughed at.

"To be fair, it isn't that late in the game as we all only found out about the dance yesterday." I stated in Sirius' defense. Athena rolled her eyes at me and responded.

"I wasn't even talking to you, Primrose. Besides, I bet you don't even have a date yet." She snarled, for once actually having something on me. Before I could interrupt, Sirius slide by me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Yes she does. In fact, we're going to the Yule Ball together, isn't that right, Primrose?" he winked. I looked at him questioningly, and he gave me a look as to say 'Just go with it'.

"Uh yeah, we are?" I said, however it came out as more of a question. He kissed my cheek as Athena stormed off, and winked.

"Thanks for playing along, Primrose. I owe you one." Sirius said, the other marauders giving him looks of disbelief. James, however, looked more mischievous before he turned to Lily with an innocent look.

"Hey, Lily-Flower, wanna go to the Ball with me?" he asked with a smirk. Of course he'd ask Lily. Lily looked at me nervously, and I gave her a small smile giving her the go-ahead to accept, and she nodded. "Great, then." He said, rushing off with the rest of the marauders, and Emma, to History of Magic.

I turned to Lily ready to apologize. "I'm so sorry!" we both said at the same time causing us to giggle.

"Its okay," said Lily with a small smile, "It's not like you had much of a choice."

"Same for you," I responded, "its better that you go with him rather than a skank." This caused Lily to laugh, and we both headed off to History of Magic with plans to get our dresses bubbling in our minds.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

This Chapter is dedicated to: harrypotterlover4

QOTC: Who is your favourite Marauder?

AOTC: Mine is currently Pads, but it changes quite frequently.

Belle x