Chapter Thirteen: Mermaids, Sailors, and Princesses, Oh My!

"So you can keep me inside the pockets of your ripped jeans, holding me close until our eyes meet, you won't ever be alone. Wait for me to come home." -Ed Sheeran: Photograph

"First of all, Alice, Belle hasn't got the body type for a mermaid dress. Besides, it's a ball. Therefore we should all wear ball gowns." Said Marlene McKinnon. Marlene happened to be in our year, and was born to two muggles who were astonished to find out she was a witch. She had beautiful long hair; a heart shaped face, and was easily one of the prettiest girls in the entire school. I had met her about a week ago {A/N: I S2G} after Lily had told her about going to the ball with James, and frantically asked for her advice on what to wear to impress Sirius as Marlene happened to be the expert.

I flopped on my bed, and was greeted by the plush mattress, and soft sheets. My long hair fanned out around my face, creating a dishevelled look, and I sighed. Where are we even getting dresses from in the first place?

"Where are we even getting our dresses?" I asked, brushing the hair out of my face, and rolling on the bed to face the others. Alice looked at me like I had four heads and then realized something.

"Oh! You haven't been to Hogsmeade yet. Well Saturday, which is when the next Hogsmeade trip is, we'll probably all get our dresses from Forever Twenty-Witch." She said and I nodded my head in understanding.

"So I'm thinking about wearing a light blue dress to contrast with my hair, what about you guys?" said Lily, asking the rest of us for our input.

"I'm probably going to wear a cream dress, as it'll make my eyes stand out." said Alice, who was now brushing out Marlene's hair with a hazel brush. Marlene shrugged.

"I'll probably wear a black dress with a low cut." Marlene said with a wink, and Lily rolled her eyes. After all, Marlene had been serial dating quite a few fourth year in Hufflepuff, and it really wasn't out of nowhere.

"I don't know what I'll wear. I guess I'll just have to see what stands out for me at Hogsmeade." I replied. Satisfied with my answer, the girls went off on a tangent talking about how Marlene had already made appointments at Soap Opera (Which is apparently the best spa in Hogsmeade,) for Saturday at One. The ball was the day after so I guess it had to have been planned to have some sort of facial done. At least I think that's what I'm in store for?

"Isabelle will need a honey-apricot mask as her skin is too dry," said Marlene, who had been talking about what facial masks they had there.

"Thanks?" I questioned, and she just gave me a look to say 'Sorry, honey, but you know it's true.' All I could say was I definitely was not ready for Saturday.

Pic is Marlene McKinnon.

I love u guys

Belle x