Chapter 1

Morgan's POV:

As I looked out of the car window, I once again wondered why we had left D.C. in the first place.

"Mom, honestly. Why did we leave the city?"

"Because hunny, your father and I believe this would be a good experience for you and your brother," my mom told me.

"Mommy! I'm hungry!" my little brother Matthew, who was sitting beside me, complained.

"I know baby, we're almost to our new home. We'll eat when we get there."

"I want venison," my father, Chris, said. My mom looked over at him with what looked like a "Be careful what you say" expression. I was a little confused, but I had decided long ago that I didn't have the time nor the energy to figure out my parents' odd expressions.

What seemed like hours of just trees, trees, and more trees (although it was probably more like half-an-hour), I was wondering if we'd every make it to the house. Just as I was about to ask my mother once again when we would be there, we pulled onto a dirt drive which didn't look like it had been used in a long time. Along with that it was probably the bumpiest, most uneven, dirtiest road, I had ever seen. I was from the city though, so maybe this was normal around here.

Now mind you, I'm not one of those finicky, materialistic, "no dirt under my fingernails" kinda girl. I grew up practically living outdoors since my parents seemed to like to be outside all the time. Even on the full moon I thought I heard them leave in the middle of the night; which interested me but I was usually too tired to check things out. By the next morning I didn't know for sure if I had dreamt it or not.

At the end of the road there were 5 separate drives with each drive leading in its own direction.

"Neighbors," my dad simply told us.

I mumbled a "humph" in reply. I liked having neighbors that was for sure, it was just that we were so far back into the woods. It was creepy. Who knew what lurked in the darkness of the forest. We drove down the driveway that ran down the middle which gave me some comfort to know that we were surrounded by houses on each side.

The house we drove up to was a ranch-styled home, and the outside had defiantly seen better days. The porch was old and rotten. Actually, a lot of the wood on the porch was like that. I wondered if the steps would be safe to walk on.

"So wait, this is where you and Dad used to live?" I asked my mom.

"Yupperz!" my father answered, "Lots of good memories shared here too."

My parents shared a knowing look, and I groaned, "Alright, waaay to much information there."

My parents just laughed.

"Looks like we could fix 'er up on the outside," my mother said.

"Really? I hadn't noticed," I commented sarcastically.

My mom just rolled her eyes at me, and told me, "We had a couple of old friends offer to fix up the inside. So that should be taken care of."

Good, I thought, I hated cobwebs and bugs and anything else that you'd find in a horror movie. I shudder just thinking about all the possibilities.

We all got out of the car, and I yelled "FREEDOM!!" at the top of my lungs.

"FREEEEDOMM!!!!" Matthew echoed me, and fell dramatically to the ground causing us all to laugh. No matter what mood I could be in, Matthew always seemed to make me smile. A black Malibu pulled up then. We all watched as a man and woman got out, causing my mother to squeal in delight. The woman had shoulder length blond hair, while the man had short brown hair.

"Cathy!" My mother shouted.

"Claudia! It's so good to see you again! When I talked to you on the phone, I was so excited to find out that you were coming back to Forrestwood.

(Forrestwood is a very, very small town. Or at least from what I can see, it is. My parents grew up and lived here for 5 years when they first got married. Then they moved to D.C., where I was born. Forrestwood of course, is close to a city. I can't remember which one though. If you go back down our driveway, then down that road back out to the main road, and turn right, you'll eventually find yourself in the small town of Forrestwood. Then even further down the road, you'll find yourself outside the city within 20 or 30 minutes.)

My mother and Cathy whispered a couple things to each other, and once or twice Cathy looked over at me. The second time she did I knew that they were talking about me and I returned her glance with a hard stare. I noticed she looked away relatively faster this time. The man was already speaking to my father.

My father had his back turned to me, so I could scope this guy out. He was maybe mid-thirties, brown hair, glasses, and wore work clothes. As I got closer, I saw that his eyes were a more golden color. Interesting, I thought. My father turned around after hearing me approach and smiled.

"Hello Morgan!" the man said to me. Obviously he knew me, but I had no idea who the hell I was looking at.

"Hello," I said back politely.

The man chuckled and explained, "The last time I saw you, you were about this high." He held his hand several inches below his knee. No wonder I didn't remember the dude.

"Morgan, this is Justin Reilly. We graduated from High School together," my father explained.

I smiled and offered my hand, which he shook back, "Nice to meet you Mr. Reilly."

He burst out laughing at this and clapped my father on the back. "If only my son had half the manners Morgan here has. Just call me Justin, okay?" he smiled.

"So, where's your boy?" My father asked Justin.

Justin's grin faltered at this question, but he quickly recovered. "He should be here soon. I told him what time to get here," Justin explained. "But you know how Cam can be..." My dad patted Justin's back. I wondered what the deal was with this guy's son. A motorcycle came up the driveway then and all of our attention was reverted to the boy climbing off.

"Well, speak of the devil." My father joked. I giggled but Justin had a strained smile plastered on his face.

He had wispy blond hair like his mother, and the golden eyes of his father. He had broad shoulders, tall cheekbones, was maybe around 6 feet tall, and there was practically a sign that pointed towards him saying, "Bad Ass Mother Fucker." He was definitely a looker, but I told myself to stay away. He was probably a player and thought he could charm his way into any girl's bed. I hope he tried that with me, I'd show him he wasn't all that. Justin looked over at me and said, "Morgan, I'd like you to meet my son, Cameron."