Chapter 7

Morgan’s POV:

I turned around to face a man; he had dark brown hair that hung in front of his eyes which looked me up and down.

"Hello," I replied, proud that my voice sounded strong although I was scared.

He looked back up and I saw that his eyes were a reddish tint. Curious, I stepped forward.

"Who are you?" I asked him, stopping myself from getting a closer look at his peculiar eye color.

"My name is Markus."

"Okay.... what are you?" 

He chuckled, "I'm glad to see that you've learned of the secret world that stands behind the incompetent humans."

Confused, I asked him, "So you're a Werewolf too then?"

He threw his head back and his laugh came from deep inside him. When he was done, his eyes had taken on a sparkle. He moved his hair out of his face, and now I could tell that his eyes were indeed red.

 "I see that you haven't been exposed to all of the secrets this world holds. You Werewolves are only a small part in the magical force. Did you really think that Werewolves were the only mythical creatures alive? I mean, really?"

I guess when he put it that way; I hadn't actually thought that Werewolves were the only things that were supposed to be just fairy tales. I mean yeah, I hadn't had a lot of time to think it over, but I had always wondered if there were beings alive that people only thought were myths. I guess deep down I had always wanted to be one too. I just never really believed it would come true.

"Well, I don't know... I thought there could be, I suppose. I haven't had a lot of time to think about it though," I sneered. "Becoming a Werewolf wasn't exactly on my list of life goals, or apparently becoming the freaking mate of the Alpha."

Markus grinned, "Ah, so you're an Alpha too." He crouched down on the ground.

I had a feeling he wanted me to sit with him, so I plopped down on the ground with him. I wasn't sure this was exactly safe, but even if I could get away I could tell that Markus would find me. Soon.

He began speaking again, "A long time ago, the Werewolves and Vampires were enemies. They fought, and I have to admit, the Weres were, and still are, good fighters. They managed to kill off quite a few Vampires, including my brother,"

I interrupted him, "Wait, you're a Vampire?"

"Finally catching on now?" he laughed.

I snorted, "That'd explain your creepy eyes,"

This time his grin was even bigger, "Are they turning red again? I should be careful from now on..."

I felt nauseous, I knew what he meant. "Oh..." was all I could choke out.

Markus continued his story, "I feel no hostility towards the Weres for killing my brother off. For one, I wasn't very fond of him. And two, he was stupid. He deserved to die. But eventually, we had a truce. We would become allies; it didn't mean we had to be best friends, but we had to deal with each other.

Some were happy, some weren't. Most of us though just wanted the fighting to end. But now, there's a new evil arising. I don't know if it's a Vampire, a Werewolf, or something different all together."

"So why did I feel like something evil was behind me when you spoke to me?" I asked cautiously.

"It was your instincts. I too felt like I was coming upon something evil spirited. Or maybe, it's here right now, in your forest. Surrounding us as we speak."