Chapter 11

Morgan's POV:

School was starting in less than a week and I still had to go school shopping. 

It had been several days after Cameron had "forgotten" to tell me that I would wake up naked. I sighed, remembering how embarrassed I had been at him seeing me in the nude. I was also angry at myself for realizing that I had blushed when he told me that it would be nice for him to wake up every morning to that sight.

Pushing the unwanted thoughts to the back of my mind, I went downstairs to ask my mom if we could go shopping that day. I walked into Matt's room to grab him before I headed down first. I paused when I thought I smelled something unusual. I couldn't tell if it was a person's scent or just something odd. I made a note to ask Cameron later. I didn't want to talk to him that much but I also didn't want my parents to get worried.

Being new to the whole Werewolf thing, the smell could just be something minor.

Carrying Matt down the stairs, I could smell bacon and my mouth started to water. I sat Matt down in his chair and asked my mom, "Can we go school shopping today?"

"Sure hun, give me half an hour to get around and we can leave."

My mother turned around then, "Do you mind if you take Matt to his friend's? You just go down our driveway, and it's the drive that's to the exact right of ours."

I nodded as I hurriedly finished my food and grabbed Matt.

"Ready to go bud?" I asked him and tickled him.

"Yes sissy!" he giggled.

I turned the radio up after dropping Matt off and was about to turn down my road when I saw something in the trees. I stopped the truck and turned the radio down. As I sat there, my eyes could make out the body of a wolf.

Curious, I opened the door and stepped out. Where all our drives were, which I had recently learned all led to the houses of members of the pack, was a small clearing. I made my way across and slowly approached whatever was in the trees. I started to regret my decision because I got the feeling I was being watched, and not just by the thing in the trees.

"Hey, do I know you?" I called out.

I heard a twig snap and whipped around. Cameron raced out of the trees.

"Get back! Get to your truck now!" he screamed at me. I turned back around and froze when I saw what I had been walking towards. It had the body of a wolf, but its face was nowhere near a wolf's. It looked mutilated and disgusting. One eye hung from its socket and I fought the urge to vomit. Backing up quickly to my truck, I hurriedly opened the door and got in. Cameron came running over and got in the passenger side. 

"Go!" he yelled at me. I turned the keys in the ignition and stepped on the gas. Angling the tires so I sprayed gravel all over whatever had been in the woods. 

"Hurry, get to your house! It won't come near your house!" he shouted, turning around to look back at the creature. His face was complete terror. It frightened me that whatever this thing was had Cameron this scared.

I looked in my rear view mirror and saw that the creature was loping after us. It was a distorted lope and reminded me of the paranormal movies, where the ghost or demon ran at you on all fours. It gave me the chills.

After awhile I saw it slow down and finally stop. We pulled up to my house and got out. I was breathing heavily. I was scared. I could tell Cameron was too. 

"W-what was that?" I whispered fearfully.

"I have no fucking idea," he said, fear was in his eyes and he was visibly shaking.

I looked back at where the tree line was and grew cold when I saw the thing there. 

"Cameron... it's here,” I whispered, my voice catching in my throat.

My front door was thrown open and a roar issued from my porch. I saw a giant black wolf explode from inside my house and run at the thing. My mother followed but still in her human form.

When the creature saw my dad it growled once and then ran off. I couldn't hold back the vomit any longer, and threw up.

When my dad had changed back and was fully clothed, him and my mom came and stood by Cameron and me. We were both leaning against the frame of my truck when I remembered Matt.

"Matt!" I gasped.

"He's fine, Charlie's house is protected. He won't get anywhere near Matt or Charlie's son."

I sighed, relieved. 

Markus stepped out of the tree line then. His face was grim. He was in the sunlight, so obviously he was protected by that by something. But what? I saw a ring on his finger, and once again wondered if that was it. I'd have to ask when the situation wasn't so dire. 

"Markus, do you -" Cameron began, but was interrupted by Markus.

"Yes, I do. The evil I was warning you against. It's come back. And it's stronger than we even imagined."