Chapter 5

Morgan's POV:

"Morgan? Morgan... you awake?" 

"My mate....Wake my child, my mate is calling...."

I opened my eyes. My mate? I looked up and saw Cameron standing over me, "What the hell are you doing in my room?"

Cameron looked flustered, "Uhm, it's almost midnight. About a quarter to."

I remembered what was going on tonight and immediately perked up, "Alright, I'm coming!"

I was excited. I would finally find out what was going on. I stopped. What if I didn't want to know? What if – wait. There was that voice again; calling for their mate. So, either I was crazy or this stupid little voice in my head had something to do with the future events.

"I am NOT stupid, thank you very much."

I gaped, so she could hear my thoughts too. I giggled, and the more I thought I was crazy, the harder I laughed. I was bent over my bed with tears running down my face. I also remembered Cameron was in the room, and just thinking about what his face must look like right now had me laughing so hard that I could no longer breathe.

Cameron's POV:

What the hell....?!

I stood there, watching as Morgan's facial expressions changed dramatically; first excitement, then confusion, then to shock, and now here she was. Sitting on her bed, uncontrollable laughter erupting from her mouth. She started to laugh even harder so it was hard for her to breathe.

 I shook her a little bit, "Morgan? Uhm... are you okay?"

I placed my hand on her shoulder and she shot up like a bullet. In this dark light it was hard to tell, but my eyes being better than normal humans', could pick up the faint blush that was tinting her cheeks. I grinned, it was adorable. 

"C'mon Morgan, it's almost time," I looked down at her clothes; she was wearing the same thing from earlier today, so she'd be good. I looked around, and saw a sweater hanging over the end of her bed.

Picking it up, I handed it to Morgan, "Here, you might want to wear this." She grabbed it from my hand, and walked out with me.

 "Thank you," she murmured.

"You're welcome," I answered.

We went downstairs and started to head outside when I abruptly stopped. I grabbed her hand and whipped her around to face me. I pulled her towards my chest and hugged her tightly. I don't know why I did it. I don't know if it was the voice inside my head calling to his mate over and over. But hadn't the few people I met told me that the voices reacted with our own feelings. So did that mean that I was beginning to love Morgan?

 No, I couldn't. Besides, she hated me. I didn't even know if we planned on telling her about the whole 'mate' thing. But if we did, would she agree to it?

Surprisingly, I had a sharp pain in my chest when I thought she would reject me. I felt her barely push against me, "I think.... I think we should go outside now..." 

"Oh, yes. It is almost time. Sorry about that..." I whispered, sad to have to let her go.

Morgan's POV:

I felt so safe, so protected, so.... loved.

But wait, this was the guy I was supposed to hate, the guy I was supposed to feel no compassion towards. I reluctantly pushed away from him, "I think.... I think we should go outside now..."

 "Oh, yes. It is almost time. Sorry about that..." Cameron replied.

No need to be sorry, I thought. 

We went down the porch steps, and began walking towards where I had first seen the wolves. I thought back to that night and how they had seemed to stare up at me. I looked up at Cameron and into his eyes. A golden yellow, like a wolf's. I thought to the dream I had that night too. I was a black wolf, and I ran alongside an amber colored wolf. That wolf had had golden eyes too. But all wolves had golden eyes didn't they?

My parents and the Reilly’s soon came into view and I began to feel excited again. Cameron glanced down at me, and I returned his gaze. I didn't want to but I smiled at him. He smiled back, and this time, I knew it was a real smile. Not like the fake one he had plastered on his face the first day I had met him. It had only been a week, but I could tell something was happening between us. I shook my head; I just didn't want to think about it.

We stood in front of our parents, and they exchanged a nod and turned to look at me. Cameron stepped away to go stand by his parents. I looked up into the sky and noticed that clouds were covering the moon. As we stood there in silence, the clouds slowly broke apart and the full moon took their place. I thought that the moon was silently taking pride in her great beauty and the way her light lit up the night.

I noticed Cameron was beginning to take his clothes off.

 "What the fu-?!" I was silenced by a glare at my mother who was looking away from Cameron. I noticed that my father, Justin, and Cathy were also looking away. They were all looking right at me.

I thought maybe this was my cue to turn around too, but when my father shook his head as I started to turn away, I stopped. Keeping my eyes on Cameron's blond head the entire time he was removing his clothes, I realized that I appreciated the view. Just because I disliked the kid didn't mean I couldn't enjoy the eye candy. His body was definitely one of the best I had seen; his muscles were not too big and not too small. He had a four-pack, and just the beginning of a six-pack. As I studied his body, I noticed a scar that ran from his collar bone to just below the start of his stomach. 

Where'd he get that? 

Then I noticed that a mist was forming around him and as it covered his body, my parents and the Reilly’s turned back around. I was so curious about these events that I barely noticed the four adults walking over and standing beside me. I felt my mother grab my hand. My mouth hung open as I watched Cameron's face slowly lengthen into a... muzzle? His hands melded together and formed paws, as did his feet. I could see a tail beginning protruding from his backside, and ears appeared on the top of his head. His hair turned a dark amber color, and tiny spurts of what looked like dog fur, popped up all along his body and were also an amber color.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing - wait, re-think that - I could believe it. I had read books about Werewolves and Vampires. I had always wished it to be true deep down inside me. I had never thought it really could be true though. 

"Don't be scared my child," the tiny voice assured me.

Five minutes ago, Cameron was standing in front of me. Now in his place, there was a wolf. A dark amber colored wolf. The same one that was in my dreams.

"C-Cameron?" I whispered. The wolf bowed his head, then went back to returning my frightened gaze.

"Oh shit," I said, I knew I sounded calmer than I actually was. Black spots appeared in the corner of my eyes. I felt like I was falling. I thought I heard voices calling my name but before I could figure it out, darkness obscured my view.