Chapter 3

Taking a few more strides up the dirt road I sense Kaede close behind me.

"What are ye doing InuYasha! Why would ye talk to young Kagome like that!?"

Her scolding tone annoys me further.

"I don't like her alright! She's to happy and shit. I won't work with her and you should give up on her anyway she doesn't have enough time left for you to train her."

Kaede's eyes widen and her skin becomes pale. "What are ye saying InuYasha? Young Kagome doesn't have much time left in this world?"

I nod and Kaede lets out a quiet gasp before asking.

"How long InuYasha? How long does the poor girl have?"

Scratching my head and running the numbers through my brain I answer in a stern but quiet tone.

"Four months. Then it'll be all over for her."

Kaede is quiet for a moment before turning around and walking back to her hut.

I know this conversation is far from over but I take this moment of freedom to mark my leave. I don't want to stay here any longer then I have to, especially in my weaker state.

The next few days go by without any word from Kaede or the girl and I start to think they've decided they don't need my help, that is until a loud knock comes early one morning.

"Who is it!" I yell.

"Kagome. The girl you were rude to the other day. I want to talk to you if you'll come out!"

Why on earth is this girl stopping by my hut and without Kaede as well.

Deciding to actually talk to her I once again throw on my cloak and step out into the summer sun.

She quirks her brow upon seeing me.

"Uh, What's what the cloak?"

"Never mind the damn cloak, what do you want?" I bark back.

She shots me a look of death. "I just want to make amends with you. We will be working together a lot so I'd like it if we could at least be alright with each other. What do you say? Acquaintances?"

She holds out her hand and smiles at me, probably in hopes of getting me to agree, which of course won't work.

"Your charm isn't going to work on me. Maybe it works on other guys but it defiantly doesn't on me."

She huffs and returns her outstretched hand to her side.

"Yeah know, for a guy that doesn't let many people see his face you sure come off as confident."

I roll my eyes and remember she can't see that so I let out an exhausted groan.

"Your exhausting to be around. Why don't you go pick flowers or something and leave the adult work to the hag and I."

She grins which throws me off a little.

"As nice as flower picking sounds I'm not a little girl anymore and I'm more into helping people now a days, but thanks for the offer."

What is with this woman she is way to sweet but has a sarcastic side that could kill someone.

"Are you mocking me?"

She shrugs. "No. Im just giving you the same attitude your giving me. Isn't very nice is it?"

I snarl. "Shut up! For a wench you're really snappy you should learn where your place is in this world and keep your mouth shut."

The look of death once again crosses her face and before I know it she is in full freak out mode.

"Listen here you jerk! Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I can't have an opinion or that I can't stand up for myself! At least I'm not weird like you and walk around with a cloak on all the time! Why don't you just take it off!"

Before I can process her words I feel the rush of wind fly past my ears and the sun fall directly upon my face. Kagome's look goes from pissed to pure shock as she gazes at my true form.