It's Complicated: 24

===Tala's Point of View===

"Hello?"

"Yes." I clear my throat quickly. "I'd like a cab as soon as you can manage."

"We can have someone leave right now. What's the address?" I tell the man where I am and thank him before hanging up.

I toss my phone onto the bed and jump quickly into the shower. Lifting my arm to grab my shampoo, I feel a weight that shouldn't be there. Looking down, I realize I didn't take my clothes off before turning the water on, but with everything going through my mind I forgot about them.

My hands weakly strip off the heavy fabric and toss them onto the bathroom floor. A puddle immediately forms on the tile and eventually reaches the rug in front of the sink, seeping into that material as well.

I had known everything seemed strange, but I overlooked too much of the truth. To think that I thought they would have more honor than to lie to me about more than just being wolves. They rigged my case to get me to live here, thinking I would never find out! They of all people should know that secrets always come out eventually. Whether it's intention or an accident, three can keep a secret if two are dead. Since there are many people involved, and I don't see any of them dying anytime soon unless I happen to go on an angry rampage, it might as well have been public information.

Hot tears drip from my eyes to mix with the spray of shower water. Alone and with my trust shattered, my walls rebuild themselves from the dust. All of Bo's efforts have been for nothing since my heart is freezing all over again.

How could they do this to me? I actually started to trust them... all of them, but I guess this feeling of betrayal is what I get for my stupidity. To think I actually believed that they all weren't as bad as I originally thought they were, but no. They're so much worse.

I numbly clean myself to get the sweat and dirt to disappear before shakily shutting off the water. I'm shivering like a leaf when I step out onto the sopping wet rug, and it's only after I look into the mirror and I see my blue lips that I realize the shower was freezing. With my higher than normal temperature and the information numbing out my senses, I hadn't noticed. Only one of many things I failed to see. I'm so stupid.

My trembling hand reaches for a towel and I dry myself as quick as I can manage.

I've never felt this type of hurt before. Yes, I've had my friends lie to me, but it was never about something this important to me. It was always about trivial things. My wolf is still in denial that our mate has anything to do with it, but I can also feel her hurt. She knows the truth, but is simply trying to believe otherwise. I guess you could say that's what I was doing this whole time.

I throw on the first pair of jeans I touch, then throwing an extra pair into a bag. Doing the same with my shirt, I then move to get my computer, iPod, and a few other things that are of sentimental value to me. I don't need many clothes because I took less than a forth of my closet when I was first brought here against my will. I should have kept that frame of mind seeing as I was right all along.

Asher is a real dog and a liar. I called my mom a bitch a while ago, but it turns out he's the actual coward. He will never be my alpha if he cannot tell me the simplest truth, even if it hurts me. He is no leader. Not mine. Not now, not ever.

I pack everything swiftly into a bag I'll be able to carry onto the plane so I don't have to wait at the baggage claim when I arrive. My time here is over. No one can stop me or make me stay.

I lace up my favorite pair of combat boots and eye the pair of red converse I threw in my closet after only wearing them once. Jason eventually bought me the new pair of shoes to replace the muddy pair I had to throw away, but do I really want them as a reminder of everything that happened here?