It's Complicated: 7

===Tala's Point of View===

I finish tying my sneakers and stand up from my bed. Stretching quickly, I get ready for my morning run before school. The clock on my bedside table says it's a little after five A.M. which gives me about an hour until I need to be back here to get ready for school.

I've been here for a little more then two weeks now and things are about the same except for the fact that I'm close to considering Shane as a friend. So now I have him and I guess I have Jason, though I consider him more of a brother if anything. I'm still mad at my mom and end up yelling at her every time we speak and Barron is still trying to get me to talk to him, but I hate yelling at him so the next best thing is to ignore him. Over the past weekend, Jase and Shane took me to play paint ball again and I kicked butt , just like the first time. Shane was on the other team and I shot him..... many, many, many times. It was pretty fun, but he didn't seem to think so.

School is also the same. I still cause things in science, like breaking glassware and accidentally burning stuff I shouldn't. Plus, I've been in a pretty good argument with the girl, who I've been told is Dana, a couple of other time. Sometime a teacher showed up to stop it from going too far, but not always. I always walked away with nothing more seruious then hurt feelings. It's kinda sad to say, but the principle is becoming a close acquaintance already, but he's really nice. I never would have thought getting into trouble was so easy to do. All those years of trying to be perfect for everyone wasn't necessary. This is less weight on my shoulders and it feels absolutely wonderful.

I knock a few times on Jason's door as I walk by before leaving the house. I don't know why, but he insists that I have to let him know when I'm leaving. The first time he told me to just walk into the room to tell him that I was leaving, but that ended up being really awkward when I thought he wasn't wearing any clothes. I stil ldon't actually know nor do I want to ask. To make sure that doesn't happen again, I said I'd knock on his door on my way out. That made him happy enough and I can get on wit my run.

The air outside is cold and it's a little foggy, but I've quickly figured out that's normal here. I do one last stretch to loosen up my legs before setting my ipod on my running music and beginning my day with some exercise. I can't run in silence because it feels awkward and I can't run to slow music. All of the songs on this playlist are upbeat and loud. It is definitely one of the things that help me wake up in the morning.

I start out slow as a warm up and gradually get faster. A few days ago, I got bored and went exploring only to find some trails in the forest behind the house. I walked some of them after school to see where they went and how long they are and viola, that's where I'm running. I'm on one of the longer trails since I got up a little earlier today. You might ask if the forest is creepy at this time of the morning, but it really doesn't bother me. I find it surprisingly peaceful and relaxing to be able to run alone with no one else around.

My feet hit the ground to the beat of Good Charlotte's 'I Don't Want to be In Love' and I hum along quietly to it. My ponytail brushes against my neck with each step and I soon find myself sweating more then being cold like I was. My heart is beating fast in my chest and a bead of sweat runs down the side of my face. I brush it away with my hand and dry it on my shirt.

I check my phone every so often to check the time and at the moment, it's about five forty. It honestly doesn't feel like I've been running for forty minutes, but after I got used to running back home, time seemed to fly ever since. My dad and I would run miles on the beach, occasionally letting the cold water lap at our bare feet. If I were to try that here, I'd probably end up with a stick through my foot and that would suck.

Thinking about my dad has me frowning. I miss him so much and I haven't for a few days. I don't want to seem like I'm ignoring him. He doesn't deserve that. It's just Nadie and him in that big house until I'm old enough to move back. It feels like eternity until that'll be able to happen though. I've never been a patient person. Ask anyone.